'The penalty is an absolute nonsense'

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Keith Andrews: "The defining moment is very controversial. I don't see it as a clear penalty. Nuhiu's clever as he puts on the brakes ever so slightly and Tommy Rowe shouldn't get as tight as it's risky.

Lee Johnson: "The penalty is an absolute nonsense. The referee has been sucked in. The linesman didn't give it and it's questionable whether it's even in the box. Everyone knows it is a poor decision. 

image.png.e3420bd073bf7652c8b828f48ec160cd.png

If you don't want to give a away a penalty, don't wrap your arms around someone in the box. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

There was a point in the first half where Williams had his arms wrapped around Rhodes and was holding him back from challenging for the ball in their penalty box.

Dunno about the one that was given, but that one certainly should have been.

Rhodes Probabky had 3 half decent claims today. All waved away.

They were riding their luck most of the second half.  Especially with a ref wih a record of giving them. 

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

If Nuhiu had made half the contact on the defender that he did on himit would have been given as a foul every day of the week.

penalty. 

Agree, in fact it looked like a classic Nuhiu challenge,  bloke going nowhere and gives away needless free kick 

1 hour ago, erowl said:

It's very soft I agree but we had one a couple of weeks ago when Odubajo got hauled to the ground by the striker and a penalty against him .. It happens Lee!!

sometimes penalties aint clear cut and a different angle can give you a different view . the 1 at derby out of 100 was 50 a penalty I thought it was I had a good angle different from tv angle what didn't look a penalty guy of right said it wernt pen at derby guy on left said penalty . the nuhiu 1 id give 10 out of 100 in other words if that was against us id be fuming , but we had a clear cut 1 far more clear than either turned down luckily we won that game . remember we have had some bad decisions go against us this season but it evens its self out. 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Was never a penalty but nor was the one at pride park other night 

Was a definite penalty, look at Snotty's picture.

Get too close, gets off balance, panicks & tugs at Atty s shirt. 

Soft, but a clear pen, with the ref in full view.