3rd in the table.

It's an odd season. We're getting some great results without ever seeming to play at the same level of quality/intensity teams like WBA, Leeds, Brentford, and Fulham have been doing on an almost weekly basis.

That said, we deservedly beat Brentford, could have easily beat Leeds if it wasn't for a post, were unlucky to lose to a last-minute penalty away at WBA and got a fair draw against Fulham.

We're playing the percentages game and coming out on top more often than not it seems. I can see one or two of the above sides beginning to tire as the season goes on a well, I doubt they can all keep it going all year.

We've got a great chance of making the play-offs at least, especially when Leeds' inevitable end of season collapse kicks into full flow.

7 minutes ago, Kameron said:

What’s to enjoy? The seasons a complete waste of time thanks to Chansiri the cluelesscvnt. 

Blimey. There's few high points as a football fan.

You have to enjoy the fleeting moments when they happen.

image.png.beeaffe75a9c34fc79203fa648e340cd.png

Whatever happens come what may, I'll be enjoying my Christmas breakfast knowing we're sat up there, even if it is just for the time being.

Enjoying the moment.

• Like 2

Middlesbrough, Derby, Forest, Birmingham, Stoke and QPR - 6 of the top 8 teams still in the league from last season - only Forest are still challenging in the top half and even they look to be on shaky ground. A couple of them are in serious relegation trouble this time out as well.

Mad league.

Good result against a tricky side.

Penalty was a gift, but we more than deserved the win on the balance of play.

3rd at Christmas is a great achievement.

Ironically the threat of a points deduction somehow seems to be lowering expectations which is then reducing pressure...I feel like it’s almost helping us at the moment 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, I don't think it is of the standard is was a few years back when we were getting in the play offs. 

Did read somewhere that one of the issues with FFP is that inevitably it will reduce the quality of the division, as teams are less willing to fork out for better players. 

That was from me in my rant against the EFL, so must be true.

lol

• Haha 1

Interesting that despite being inconsistent, often unconvincing and chucking away some ridiculous points we've actually performed better than dem Blavdes did in the first half of last season. 

I'd settle for merely matching their record rather than beating it for the next year... 

I've just realised how surprisingly soon the Leeds away game is, it's only 4 league matches away. 

If we can get maximum points from the next 3 very winnable games and they slip up a couple of times (they've got Preston at home followed by Birmingham and WBA away) that could be very interesting. 

Guest Kameron
2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Blimey. There's few high points as a football fan.

You have to enjoy the fleeting moments when they happen.

image.png.beeaffe75a9c34fc79203fa648e340cd.png

Whatever happens come what may, I'll be enjoying my Christmas breakfast knowing we're sat up there, even if it is just for the time being.

Enjoying the moment.

There is no enjoyment to be taken from anything that happens this season, being third at Christmas means jack sh it.

Guest Kameron
17 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I've just realised how surprisingly soon the Leeds away game is, it's only 4 league matches away. 

If we can get maximum points from the next 3 very winnable games and they slip up a couple of times (they've got Preston at home followed by Birmingham and WBA away) that could be very interesting. 

It won’t be very interesting once the points deduction is applied.

Just now, Kameron said:

There is no enjoyment to be taken from anything that happens this season, being third at Christmas means jack sh it.

Speak for yourself. I'm enjoying it. All we can do is win the games and pick up points. Whatever happens after that happens.

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Looking at that, the most encouraging thing for me it's how clear Leeds are and they still fizzed it up. Lump on them doing it again.

And one point ahead of the pigs and they went up fairly comfortably in 2nd.