Wednesday - V - Bristol City OMDT

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's a bit of ab cliché but I don't think he was as good as some thought when he was here.  Nor as bad as others. 

I always thought it was a tossup between him and Palmer for the shirt. In fact I always thought Palmer the better defender of the two. Hunt seemed to be preffered for his attacking play. Though again, other than his pace to overlap Wallace I didn't think his delivery was any better to be honest. 

Think he looked much the same today ad he always did. Just in not as good a side as Carlos's first one.

Hunt always seemed more attack minded, but to be fair he did leave space behind at times....

also...EVERY bleedin' game he went down sorta "dead"...only to carry on....it was like he had fits

17 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

OK - fair enough.

Bristol have played a significant part in my memories of Hillsborough as a Wednesdayite, though. Apart from the dreadful 1971 trouncing, you played us in our first ever Sunday game and Rovers played against us in one of the few abandoned games I have attended.

A mad, snowy affair in the 70s with fans and players snowballing each other and the ball running to a stop in the snow until the ref decided it was just too stupid and abandoned it at half time. WE NEVER GOT OUR MONEY BACK!!!  That's how contemptuously the club usually treats its loyal supporters, here at Hillsborough, I'm afraid. That's when they're not constructing weird additions to the ground that are.....

I'm not sure I want to risk prosecution by telling you my genuine opinion about that so I won't say any moreGood

I do remember playing you guys at AG when Trevor Francis was your manager and before the Atyeo stand was built. Your fans were in the open end and it began to snow....Before long an announcement over the PA said the trains back to Sheffield were delayed.....we laughed our heads off!

I think the game was abandoned at 1-1.....I have some fond memories of playing you guys but not today.........:mellow:

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Hunt always seemed more attack minded, but to be fair he did leave space behind at times....

also...EVERY bleedin' game he went down sorta "dead"...only to carry on....it was like he had fits

Aye, subbed off 10 times in his last full season here. 

1 minute ago, Alan Robinson said:

I do remember playing you guys at AG when Trevor Francis was your manager and before the Atyeo stand was built. Your fans were in the open end and it began to snow....Before long an announcement over the PA said the trains back to Sheffield were delayed.....we laughed our heads off!

I think the game was abandoned at 1-1.....I have some fond memories of playing you guys but not today.........:mellow:

I remember going to Twerton Park when francis played for us...Think it was when "The Gas" ?...played there?

spent the afternoon with 2 City fans who I knew from them being in Sheffield, drinkin' some bloody scrumpy stuff that had twigs in!

Never had an hangover like it..before or since

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

City have played  Wednesday very regularly other when you were in the PL. I’ve been to Hillsborough around a dozen times over the years but strangely I’ve never ever been to Bramall Lane.......which is very odd considering I like Sheffield as a City and we played them regularly as well. 

Alan, I have a soft spot for city having largely grown up in Bristol. Thought overall we were the better side today, and that city were mildly disappointing (they looked stronger last Easter I felt). My Bristol friends were similarly outraged about the pen and they are fair minded sane folk. All the same.... I do buy the argument that is was a foul...