Wednesday - V - Bristol City OMDT

1 hour ago, Alan Robinson said:

Ever felt robbed?

What a diabolical decision to give that penalty.........jeez.........:sad:

A draw would have been a fair result. Neither team deserved to win. 

It's OK Alan. Don't fret about it. Your avatar will kiss it better for you tonight honey.  lol  FFS.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

15 shots to 3

6 shots on target to 1

8 corners to 1

It was hardly eclectic football, but only one result seems fait based off of that... 1 goal to 0

I'm all for eclectic football - I much prefer it to Catholic or derivative football.

Lets take the best from Pele, Puskas, Spikesley and Hirst. Chuck in a bit of Springett and there you are!

Forgive me - feeling a bit dizzy after looking at the table and gorging on supermarket booze:laugh:

It's an undiluted merry Christmas for Wednesdayites this year! 

5 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

It's OK Alan. Don't fret about it. Your avatar will kiss it better for you tonight honey.  

As City fan for decades I’m disappointed rather than fretful. 

Had City won today’s game with such harsh penalty going against you I’m sure you’d all feel as aggrieved as I do but that’s the nature of football. Some you win and some you lose,...............:wacko:

Btw....I’ve had a soft spot for the Owls ever since I first visited Hillsborough back in the 70s and always look for your results and why I pop on to this site.......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Had City won today’s game with such harsh penalty going against you I’m sure you’d all feel as aggrieved as I do but that’s the nature of football. Some you win and some you lose,...............:wacko:

Btw....I’ve had a soft spot for the Owls ever since I first visited Hillsborough back in the 70s and always look for your results and why I pop on to this site.......

I’ve got a soft spot for you too. You can go and kiss it if you like.

No way do your lot deserve anything from today’s game Alan, you showed diddly squatt in terms of intention today. Your whole approach was negative from the off. 

Your best chance of finishing above us is in the hands of the EFL, in the form of a points deduction. Even then I’m not convinced.

lol

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

In fairness Alan, we've had quite a few decisions like that go against us this past 20 years. More than just one or two this season too, FFS. That's football though ain't it. I used to work down that way in a village called Clutton on The Hill many years ago and used to have quite a bit of banter with both your lot and a couple of Rovers supporters. Sure ye're not a bad bunch of folk down there.

Anyway dude. Have a happyChristmas and all the best for the new year. But not enough of the best to get ye past us. :bullen:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

If that visit was 21st August 1971 you certainly do have a soft spot for us - the back of our effing net!  You p*ssed on us 5 - 1. I remember it very well- not the happiest day of my life but a bit of a wake up call to Wednesday as to how most of the 70s were going to pan out - (being regularly panned would be more accurate!):laugh:

8 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

If that visit was 21st August 1971 you certainly do have a soft spot for us - the back of our effing net!  You p*ssed on us 5 - 1. I remember it very well- not the happiest day of my life but a bit of a wake up call to Wednesday as to how most of the 70s were going to pan out - (being regularly panned would be more accurate!):laugh:

I really can’t remember when in the 70s nor do I remember the score! 

What impressed me was the vast size on Hillsborough. At the time it was the biggest stadium I’d ever been to. It blew me away!

Since then I’ve been to both the old and new Wembley, Old Trafford and Anfield but Hillsborough has always impressed me. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

What impressed me was the vast size on Hillsborough. At the time it was the biggest stadium I’d ever been to. It blew me away!

Since then I’ve been to both the old and new Wembley, Old Trafford and Anfield but Hillsborough has always impressed me. 

I reckon you would have remembered a 5 v 1 away victory!!:laugh:

11 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Were you on the kop?

• Haha 3

Is it just me, or has Jack Hunt gone backwards since joining Bristol City?

I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but he was a pretty decent fb for us for the most part. 

Today I thought he was utterly woeful. Gave the ball away time and time again and was bullied by the big man, Harris etc. 

Needless to say, I think Palmer has kicked on and looks a much better player. 

10 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

I reckon you would have remembered a 5 v 1 away victory!!:laugh:

City have played  Wednesday very regularly other when you were in the PL. I’ve been to Hillsborough around a dozen times over the years but strangely I’ve never ever been to Bramall Lane.......which is very odd considering I like Sheffield as a City and we played them regularly as well. 

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but he was a pretty decent fb for us for the most part. 

Today I thought he was utterly woeful. Gave the ball away time and time again and was bullied by the big man, Harris etc. 

He was terrible - one of our best players today in fact.

I can only assume he's usually much better than that. A complete liability otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

City have played  Wednesday very regularly other when you were in the PL. I’ve been to Hillsborough around a dozen times over the years but strangely I’ve never ever been to Bramall Lane.......which is very odd considering I like Sheffield as a City and we played them regularly as well. 

OK - fair enough.

Bristol have played a significant part in my memories of Hillsborough as a Wednesdayite, though. Apart from the dreadful 1971 trouncing, you played us in our first ever Sunday game and Rovers played against us in one of the few abandoned games I have attended. A mad, snowy affair in the 70s with fans and players snowballing each other and the ball running to a stop in the snow until the ref decided it was just too stupid and abandoned it at half time. WE NEVER GOT OUR MONEY BACK!!!  That's how contemptuously the club usually treats its loyal supporters, here at Hillsborough, I'm afraid. That's when they're not constructing weird additions to the ground that are.....

I'm not sure I want to risk prosecution by telling you my genuine opinion about that so I won't say any more.

Good luck so long as it doesn't eclipse ours!

Edited by VictoryBell

26 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Can't fault you mate... lol

33 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He started well..first 3 minutes...then simply shinned every ball that came to him...

47 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's a bit of ab cliché but I don't think he was as good as some thought when he was here.  Nor as bad as others. 

I always thought it was a tossup between him and Palmer for the shirt. In fact I always thought Palmer the better defender of the two. Hunt seemed to be preffered for his attacking play. Though again, other than his pace to overlap Wallace I didn't think his delivery was any better to be honest. 

Think he looked much the same today ad he always did. Just in not as good a side as Carlos's first one.