Rotherham Owls Are Taking a Plane to Brighton

we play 4 games in 12 days then brighton in mickey mouse cup on Saturday ,all 1st choice players will be rested for this without a doubt ,team will be something like , wildsmith,baker,penney,bates thornily ,lee murphy 2 youth players and winnall nuhiu up front ,just cant see it been much stronger than this. I know of hardcore away fans who go to at least 22 out of 23 away games who are giving this a miss . id be shocked if more than 800 travel for this 5 hour drive or similar by train in mid winter to travel 230 miles on some bleak midwinters day to watch a mixture of reserves and youths with maybe a couple of 1st teamers on bench. whoever is going would probably watch us in Siberia if we had a game in the old intertoto cup.  don't think anyone these days gives a stuff about fa cup .sad to say it but its true. whoever goes deserves 100 bonus points for there 10 hour round journey.

6 hours ago, alanharper said:

Do you get a night in a posh hotel, executive box treatment for the game, signed match worn shirt and a unique chance to travel with the players for that though?

Yeah it's expensive but for people who can afford it it's the experience they're paying for rather than the travel. Some bands charge a grand or more for a quick meet and greet and a photo before a gig.

Well obviously not, but they're looking to recover the cost of a private plane from the fans. It's that simple. It's not for me.

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

It’s not compulsory so how can it be an utter rip off?
It will appeal to some and it will certainly sell out ........ Well done to whoever at the club dreamt up the idea for thinking outside the box!

Sheffield Wednesday are pleased to announce there will be an extra 5 spaces for the Brighton Flight matchday experience  

due to popular demand ..

Goggles Helmet and Brown Corduroys / bicycle clips 

Are provided in the package ....

644940024_00planewingwalkers(1).gif.9b56e007b155acc17206ca2b39b4ebe6.gif

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 8

Guest Bulgaria
58 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

we play 4 games in 12 days then brighton in mickey mouse cup

I find it incredibly sad that folks think it's a Micky mouse cup.

Very sad.

Guest Bulgaria
15 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Sheffield Wednesday are pleased to announce there will be an extra 5 spaces for the Brighton Flight matchday experience  

due to popular demand ..

Goggles Helmet and Brown Corduroys / bicycle clips 

Are provided in the package ....

644940024_00planewingwalkers(1).gif.9b56e007b155acc17206ca2b39b4ebe6.gif

Impersonating the Mick Channon goal celebration is optional.

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Think this is spot on. Your not paying just for travel to Brighton. As you say it is a one in a lifetime trip, yes expensive but will be some in the fan base who have the money and think it is good value.

I suppose all all those who always dreamt of flying on Concorde were fools when they did it as a special occasion paid 4K but couls have flown in a normal jet for 400.

Sometimes dispare at some of our fan base, constant criticism when any idea comes up.

How long have you been a wednesdayite?

To follow The Wednesday a certain sense of gallows humour is required..

That is what is being shown in the replies on this thread..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

How long have you been a wednesdayite?

To follow The Wednesday a certain sense of gallows humour is required..

That is what is being shown in the replies on this thread..

It's ok Blenkers 

I'm staying open right through Christmas if any of these Meldrews want to pop in and I will gladly remove the barbed wire they have got stuck up their arsèholes ..

lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

It's ok Blenkers 

I'm staying open right through Christmas if any of these Meldrews want to pop in and I will gladly remove the barbed wire they have got stuck up their arsèholes ..

lol

Will it be a Tyson Gay moment, OG ? One quick yank  :duntmatter:  FFS.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

It's an utter rip off, when you look how much you can get there for by booking your own flight. 

But can you get another flight with the first team, a signed match worn shirt, stay in the team hotel and all the other bits and bobs for any less?

You're not paying for transport, you're paying for the experience.  It's like when you pay a couple of hundred quid to drive a Ferrari for 10 minutes, you could just drive your Ford around all day for next to nothing, but that's very much not the point.

Just not bothered...

19 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

But can you get another flight with the first team, a signed match worn shirt, stay in the team hotel and all the other bits and bobs for any less?

You're not paying for transport, you're paying for the experience.  It's like when you pay a couple of hundred quid to drive a Ferrari for 10 minutes, you could just drive your Ford around all day for next to nothing, but that's very much not the point.

I can ..

And I do on sunny days 

Shove yer Ferrari's 

Italian Shìte ..

lol

12236528.jpg.99c2151fbefb839b3850652786df5cef.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

If I hadn't got a hospital appointment I'd go on this to mither the lads..

Do those fluorescent boots make your feet sweat?

Does anyone know what to do when baz puts his arms up at corners?

What happened at (insert team here) ?

Didn't they want you?

How much are you on after tax?

You got some stick off the North last week.. could you hear what they were calling you?

Do you want a sweet to stop your ears popping?

Where do you live?.. I could pop in..

• Haha 4