Rotherham Owls Are Taking a Plane to Brighton

This thread sums up our fanbase.

"We need to do more and more creative things to raise money".  Same fans "it's ludicrous how expensive this chance of a lifetime opportunity is, they should make 1 player go on each of 18 fan coaches and only charge £4.99:.

Clearly we've chartered a flight and someone has said "might as well try and fill the remaining seats".  It's a really unique opportunity for fans so clearly they can't charge £100 and have 2000 people trying to get a hand full of seats.

And as for the price, there were match worn shirts going for £1000 when they went up for auction for the Royal British Legion.  I think the cheapest went for about £300.  So clearly this is decent value with all the other stuff thrown in if that's the benchmark price for just the shirt!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just not bothered...

12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

"We need to do more and more creative things to raise money".  Same fans "it's ludicrous how expensive this chance of a lifetime opportunity is, they should make 1 player go on each of 18 fan coaches and only charge £4.99:.

Clearly we've chartered a flight and someone has said "might as well try and fill the remaining seats".  It's a really unique opportunity for fans so clearly they can't charge £100 and have 2000 people trying to get a hand full of seats.

And as for the price, there were match worn shirts going for £1000 when they went up for auction for the Royal British Legion.  I think the cheapest went for about £300.  So clearly this is decent value with all the other stuff thrown in if that's the benchmark price for just the shirt!

It's an utter rip off, when you look how much you can get there for by booking your own flight. 

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

Do you get a night in a posh hotel, executive box treatment for the game, signed match worn shirt and a unique chance to travel with the players for that though?

Yeah it's expensive but for people who can afford it it's the experience they're paying for rather than the travel. Some bands charge a grand or more for a quick meet and greet and a photo before a gig.

All that to watch the U23's get spanked...

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

I think people generally in this thread are having a joke about it, as has been said the majority of us on here regularly wont be the target market. :ph34r:

Try not to take this thread too seriously!

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Think this is spot on. Your not paying just for travel to Brighton. As you say it is a one in a lifetime trip, yes expensive but will be some in the fan base who have the money and think it is good value.

I suppose all all those who always dreamt of flying on Concorde were fools when they did it as a special occasion paid 4K but couls have flown in a normal jet for 400.

Sometimes dispare at some of our fan base, constant criticism when any idea comes up.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ian said:

£1500 and you only get flown to Gatwick.....for that much I’d want a helicopter from my back garden to the centre of the pitch and back again after

and to pick the team

and decide on subs

in fact I want to play in the number 10 role as well

If this ever happens please make sure you post on here about it well in advance so we all know to give the match a miss!

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

It's an utter rip off, when you look how much you can get there for by booking your own flight. 

It’s not compulsory so how can it be an utter rip off?
It will appeal to some and it will certainly sell out ........ Well done to whoever at the club dreamt up the idea for thinking outside the box!

11 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It’s not compulsory so how can it be an utter rip off?
It will appeal to some and it will certainly sell out ........ Well done to whoever at the club dreamt up the idea for thinking outside the box!

Doesn't mention complimentary werthers, so might given it a miss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2