We're likely to come in for Fox

23 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Was he?

I seem to recall (admittedly through comments on here) that Fox was Charlton's third choice left back, and that their fans were glad to see some mugs (us) pay to take him off their hands.

You generally don't get boo'd at your old club if you're poo .

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Following the likes of Antonio, Gary Madine, Leon Clarke 

I don't agree with this at all, they weren't all 'brutally slagged'.

• Antonio was brilliant, if erratic, and inspired our Mind The Gap season.
  • Madine got us promoted from the Pit Of Despair that is League One with a ton of goals.  
  • Leon Clarke scored in one of our most important matches of the season and.... THEN KICKED A HOARDING AND BROKE HIS TOE, THE ABSOLUTE MELT, RUINING OUR SEASON AND GETTING US rrEG!***FFS..!!GI

giphy.gif

OK, I'll give you the last one.  

Edited by Suzuki_San
  • Haha 2

CURRENT CHAMPIONSHIP LEFT BACKS (or lwb) 

Pinillos

Williams

Pearce

Naismith

Robinson

Melbourne

Townsend

Gibbs

Dasilva

Ribeiro

Robbinson

Seddon

Pedersen

Grounds

Bennet

Ward

Reading

Coulson

Bola

Friend

Obita

Blacket

Richards

Forsyth

Malone

Low

Kingsley

Elder

Fleming

Hughes

Page

Purrington

Field

Henry

John

Bidwell

Walace

Bryan

Galloway

Potts

Debock

Douglas

Alioski

Brown

Hart

Cunningham

Bell

Williams

Only a very small number that i would want and most of these would cost £4m to £5m

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Big danger is he goes then we move Palmer over to replace him. Now we have a problem we can move Iorfa to fullback where he's ok but nothing like as good as he is at CB or we use Odubajo at FB.  I accept he has the makings of a decent player but being brutally honest he's hardly Mr Reliable recently. Not necessarily all his fault but disasters seem to follow him around like a bad smell.

If we get a good offer for Fox take it but if it's crap because he's got 6 months left I'd turn it down and wait for the summer.

There is another good right back at the club who can't get a game in his new position.    I say new, he's only had it around 5 years or so.

12 minutes ago, A12owl said:

How do you know he isn't happy and resents How the fans have been. He's hardly been seen or heard off the pitch. Keeps his head down and gets on with the job .

I just said in my opinion I get that feeling. He did do an interview and was asked about the booing, He looked down, and everyone speculated he may leave. That’s what I based my humble opinion on.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If WBA are going to have all this money from the sale of their left back. Then why go for Fox. I would be testing the water with a 7m bid for Rico Henry.

Yes they’ve had a long-standing interest in Henry, and he’s a local lad. Still think if Ferguson moves, there’s a good chance he’ll be loaned back

4 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Doubt Fox would leave Wednesday to a club like WBA unless they offered him stupid wages

He’s playing quite well at the moment but wouldn’t be gutted if he moved on for a decent fee

Leave us for a club like WBA. What a team above us and 12 points clear of not getting promoted to the premier league.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

There is another good right back at the club who can't get a game in his new position.    I say new, he's only had it around 5 years or so.

If you’re talking about Kieran Lee that’s not going to happen. He was a centre mid at Man Utd, got his big break at right back for Oldham then when he came here we didn’t play him at first and he’s never really played there for us.

So basically he’s 31 and hasn’t played right back at a decent level before. Can’t see him starting to play there now when the position has become much more about athleticism and he’s had lots of injury problems 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

2 million and I’ll come back from Japan to drive him their myself. Fox has made huge strides this season but still nowhere near as good as people make out.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

6 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Was he?

I seem to recall (admittedly through comments on here) that Fox was Charlton's third choice left back, and that their fans were glad to see some mugs (us) pay to take him off their hands.

There were press reports whilst he was down there that Man Utd  wanted him to replace Shaw I think.... I kid you not: https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/608257/Manchester-United-Transfer-News-Morgan-Fox-Charlton-Athletic-Luke-Shaw-Injury/amp