We're likely to come in for Fox

55 minutes ago, Morepork said:

OT has delivered some outstanding "parallel universe" moments over the years but I have to admit, the one where we sold Fox for a profit isn't one I saw coming!!! lol 

I saw Rhodes scoring a hattrick though. Honest!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

£4million!!??? 

You cracked the Christmas sherry open early?

Go on then name a possible replacement of equal or more ability whos available for less. 

Fullbacks of decent quality are in big demand because there aren't many.  Thats why we ended up signing moses and why palmer is in the scotland squad. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Anlaby Owl said:

Go on then name a possible replacement of equal or more ability whos available for less. 

Fullbacks of decent quality are in big demand because there aren't many.  Thats why we ended up signing moses and why palmer is in the scotland squad. 

Isn't he available for free in 6 months ?

54 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Whilst fox is playing well he’s playing well in a well organised back 5 and against his own standards 

I think he’s been made out to have been far worse than he’s actually been and a typical boo boy for some on here which has been a little harsh 

on the flip side we are raving about fox and he actually doesn’t do anything out of this world or too bad 

he’s playing well and a decent left back but he can be replaced that said sometimes better the devil you know 

it’s working at the minute but we do need to start selling players more I’m neither for or against the departure 

my guess is he will sign a 2 year deal with us 

In my opinion,If the opportunity is there, he’ll be off in a flash. Doesn’t seem happy here and resents how the fans have been with him.

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Isn't he available for free in 6 months ?

Doesn't matter if, as it seems likely; there will be a bidding war.  From my perspective a good player who has been badly coached.  On current form i can't think of many who are much better in this division.  

Give him a new contract right now. Sell in the Summer. WBA only interested in an end of contract bargain.

We have to get more savvy about trading players at a profit, and only sell when we can effectively replace.

The best way of surviving the unlevel playing field that is the Championship is to buy/ acquire young players, improve them, then sell at profit + add ons.

Big danger is he goes then we move Palmer over to replace him. Now we have a problem we can move Iorfa to fullback where he's ok but nothing like as good as he is at CB or we use Odubajo at FB.  I accept he has the makings of a decent player but being brutally honest he's hardly Mr Reliable recently. Not necessarily all his fault but disasters seem to follow him around like a bad smell.

If we get a good offer for Fox take it but if it's crap because he's got 6 months left I'd turn it down and wait for the summer.

Edited by prowl

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

Big danger is he goes then we move Palmer over to replace him. Now we have a problem we can move Iorfa to fullback where he's ok but nothing like as good as he is at CB or we use Odubajo at FB.  I accept he has the makings of a decent player but being brutally honest he's hardly Mr Reliable recently. Not necessarily all his fault but disasters seem to follow him around like a bad smell.

If we get a good offer for Fox take it but if it's crap because he's got 6 months left I'd turn it down and wait for the summer.

Whatever happens I don't see us moving Iorfa under any circumstances other than the worst injury crisis imaginable.

If a bid does come in It's actually a bit of a dilemma. I'm not actually sure there's an absolute right way to deal with it.

I'd be worried about giving Fox a new contract, unless we could get away with a year extension. It'd take just two or three average games and a significant portion of the fanbase would be on his back again. 

Edited by Morepork

If he continues to improve at the rate he has this season, he’ll be a very good player in a season or two. I’d hang on to him unless the fee is £2.5m+.

Sadly I think quite a few emotional bridges with Owls fans have been - well, if not burned, then badly charred - during a couple of the most weirdly histrionic and moany years I’ve ever experienced on our terraces. Yes he’s had a few stinkers, but it was like half the crowd were just feeding off it. Weird.

He won’t be overly torn if he gets a solid offer I wouldn’t think. Be just the Wednesday way for him to go to WBA for a pittance and then they sell him for a fat profit 18 months later.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

He was really highly rated at Charlton and linked to big teams, others clearly see something in him. I thought he was decent when he first joined but got a bit nervous in the pressure games and never recovered until now.

Was he?

I seem to recall (admittedly through comments on here) that Fox was Charlton's third choice left back, and that their fans were glad to see some mugs (us) pay to take him off their hands.

41 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Jordan Thorniley