Bogey Teams (For and Against)

Guest The Horse

I think some clever statistician could demonstrate that considering the number of opponents and the randomness of results, bearing in mind that teams in the same division are reasonably equal, that it is to be expected that a side wins (or loses) regularly against a particular team. 

I think our current hoodoo over Forest follows a similar hoodoo they had over us. 

Guest The Horse
Just now, Emerson Thome said:

We managed to lose to Blackpool 4 times in a season in 2003-04 (we lost to a lot of teams that season). I think the only other team to beat us 4 times in a season was Man United (93-94).

FFS, I remember that.

Think we were all getting giddy at being in the Johnson Paint Final.

I was at a low ebb at that time and mustered up my last tenner to watch us.

Only to be fizzed over by Blackpool in a competition we previously didn't even know existed.

I walked home.

In the cold.

Character building.

Apparently.

38 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

It used to be (early '70s) that Oxford was our bogey team. Always seemed to lose 1-0 (although we lost to a lot of teams 1-0 in that era). Ironically, it was v Oxford that we ended our infamous goal scoring drought in '75.

They had a keeper that always had a blinder against us. Might have been called Roy Tunks. Was scruffier than Southall. I seem to remember him having a builders crack for some reason. Was one of those where the ball just seemed to hit him wherever he stood and we could never score against him. 

7 minutes ago, Nut said:

They had a keeper that always had a blinder against us. Might have been called Roy Tunks. Was scruffier than Southall. I seem to remember him having a builders crack for some reason. Was one of those where the ball just seemed to hit him wherever he stood and we could never score against him. 

Roy Burton.

• Thanks 1