Bogey Teams (For and Against)

Guest The Horse

Guest The Horse

Currently watching this poor sod watch his beloved Forest team through to the bitter end.

But my question is, why do bogey teams exist?

We seem to have the hex over Forest but can't beat Derby when they're absolute pants.

Is it just coincidence or do two clubs' philosophies about how they play trump the other?

Who do you consider our main bogey team and who do you think can't seem to beat us?

Something to keep us going on this miserable evening!

I think a large part of being a professional footballer is the mental side of the game. How you prepare for your opponent, the crowds impact on your performance, especially if you go behind, etc.

It's a big part of recruitment now, but historically, it was just word of mouth. "How is he in a battle? How is he when you're 3-0 down?"...which, when you're trying to sell someone, is easy to bullsh1t about!

Any small negative in the game... anything hanging over a fixture can fester and really affect players, I think. It's why Derby's are mental, playoff fixtures are generally crazy. So a historical bogey team...I think it's like you're already at a disadvantage, mentally. 

That's my two penneth, anyway. 

Guest The Horse
1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

We've only beaten Hull 3 times out of the last 18. We've also only beaten them once at Hillsborough since 1990. 

Seriously?

What the AF is that about?

Freakin' Hull???? Why???? :biggrin:

Guest The Horse
25 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Arsenal. Against us

Ooooohhhhh.

I think I hate that lot just (just) behind the Blavdes.

I'll not consider our phoenix resurgence complete until we exact revenge on those flippers in an FA Cup final.

Weirdly, they couldn't beat us for poo at Hillsborough.