owlZfan84

Rhodes - Positive Mindset

18 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Are you willing to give Rhodes a chance after his exploits on Saturday?

I was willing to give him a run in the side before Saturday, so yes

looks lean, if his hearts back in the game we need to keep him hear for next season instead of cutting our losses in Jan. 

Edited by keepitsteel89

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I was willing to give him a run in the side before Saturday, so yes

Give over. 

You wrote the guy off months ago.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Give over. 

You wrote the guy off months ago.

Everybody did, but check the earlier threads, I was suggesting a run in the side, now we are playing 4-4-2. If nothing else, it might stimulate a bit of interest come January

It must be nice playing under a manager who knows what he’s doing rather than the atrociously negative Carlos and Jos who had no idea how to get the best out of one of the best strikers this division has ever seen and destroyed his confidence.

I really hope he gets back to his old self and starts banging in a few more goals.

• Like 2

Be interesting to see if he can build on Saturday's performance. For the first time in ages people are talking about Rhodes for the right reasons, a potent goal scorer and not a washed-up has-been. I bet Sunday can't come soon enough for him. 

• Agree 5

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It must be nice playing under a manager who knows what he’s doing rather than the atrociously negative Carlos and Jos who had no idea how to get the best out of one of the best strikers this division has ever seen and destroyed his confidence.

I really hope he gets back to his old self and starts banging in a few more goals.

and Bruce?

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

and Bruce?

Pretty sure he didn’t play under Bruce. He was at Norwich.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

and Bruce?

Rhodes was at Norwich when Bruce was here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Everybody did, but check the earlier threads, I was suggesting a run in the side, now we are playing 4-4-2. If nothing else, it might stimulate a bit of interest come January

Not everybody.

• Agree 1

Worth repeating - Rhodes never stopped scoring at a prolific rate, apart from one spell......with us.

Everywhere else, including Boro and Norwich he scored at a goal every 200 minutes or better.

His season at Norwich was a goal every 160 minutes - his best rate in this division.

The problem was he wasn’t getting much time on the pitch at Norwich, though with Pukki in such hot form that’s no surprise.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Worth repeating - Rhodes never stopped scoring at a prolific rate, apart from one spell......with us.

Everywhere else, including Boro and Norwich he scored at a goal every 200 minutes or better.

His season at Norwich was a goal every 160 minutes - his best rate in this division.

The problem was he wasn’t getting much time on the pitch at Norwich, though with Pukki in such hot form that’s no surprise.

No the problem at Norwich was, despite his goals, he wasn’t worth a place in the side. Aside from one time, last week, that was the same here

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No the problem at Norwich was, despite his goals, he wasn’t worth a place in the side. Aside from one time, last week, that was the same here

Cant disagree 

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

To be fair to him that's probably the first time us or Norwich have actually played how Rhodes likes.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Agree 1

Can’t imagine there’s many players who have scored 3 after such a long absence from the starting 11 - that first with his left foot without looking up ....

• Agree 2

I don't think I've ever been more pleased to see someone succeed. I hope it continues.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

We have guile in Forestieri, we have pace in Murphy and Harris, we have goals in Rhodes.

Simples.

Murphy is w*nk though, lets be honest.

2 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Murphy is w*nk though, lets be honest.

True but good players with pace are way out of our price range for the foreseeable.

On 17/12/2019 at 14:07, Wednesday_Jack said:

I would love him to smash 13-15 between now and the end of the season.

Would be just what we need, especially if fletch can double what he's scored already over the rest of  the season. We should be there or there abouts if we keep things pretty tight at the back. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Agree 1