Rhodes - Positive Mindset

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/positive-mindset/

Large

Jordan Rhodes was the hat-trick hero on Saturday at the City Ground on an afternoon where the striker was unstoppable.

The prolific forward achieved a feat only matched three times before in the club’s entire history by scoring a first half away league hat-trick.

The joy for Rhodes and his team mates was plain for all to see but the journey leading up to that point has not been straightforward for the 29-year-old.

rhodes_training.jpg

But a strong mentality, hard work on the training pitch and a determination to reach the heights the striker is best known for has been the key for Rhodes.

“I’ve been trying to work as hard as I can on the training field and improve myself behind the scenes, as a player and as a person,” he said.

Rhodes_running.jpg

“Sometimes as a striker you get those kind of games where everything goes for you and other times they don’t.

“But that’s why you keep going, it’s why you play football.

“You keep going for those little rewards at the end like on Saturday, it was great to come to a difficult place and get three points and now our attention turns to a busy Christmas period and see how we get on.”

Rhodes has made nine appearances for the Owls this season and had to wait until last weekend for his first goal to arrive.

But once it did, there was no holding back as Rhodes devastated Forest with a 37-minute treble to kill the game before the break.

rhodes_cele.jpg

“You try and keep your head down and work as hard as you can and each day is a chance to impress.

“With that mentality in mind, I’ve tried to keep my head down and stay as positive as possible.

“It’s not always easy when you’re not playing football but days like that when you get that reward and coming on last Saturday at Hillsborough was also a real boost and I’ve really enjoyed this last week.

“Let’s see what Bristol City brings now.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Sounds like he was moving out in January, whether or not we’ll have a rethink now Can’t see too much has changed, it’s only one match, and we still need pace and guile in striking areas We shall see

image.jpg

image.jpg

Isn’t he our only striker on our books for next year as it stands 

Really hope he and fletcher push on and be a real force this year 

the good thing in what I see to make this not a one off is we attack at pace and put plenty of balls in the box 

all four of our goals there was 5 yards between rhodes and fletcher 

we are putting the balls into areas where we have two goal scorers playing close enough off each other to get on the end of  these balls 

play like that ( and it’s been coming ) and we will be right up there come the end 

These two on fire with what we create is lethal 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I would love him to smash 13-15 between now and the end of the season.

Sod that. 

I've got bets on 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+ and 85+ goals for Wednesday by the season end, and for us to be leading goalscorers. 

Just wang em in JR. 

3 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/positive-mindset/

Large

Jordan Rhodes was the hat-trick hero on Saturday at the City Ground on an afternoon where the striker was unstoppable.

The prolific forward achieved a feat only matched three times before in the club’s entire history by scoring a first half away league hat-trick.

The joy for Rhodes and his team mates was plain for all to see but the journey leading up to that point has not been straightforward for the 29-year-old.

rhodes_training.jpg

But a strong mentality, hard work on the training pitch and a determination to reach the heights the striker is best known for has been the key for Rhodes.

“I’ve been trying to work as hard as I can on the training field and improve myself behind the scenes, as a player and as a person,” he said.

Rhodes_running.jpg

“Sometimes as a striker you get those kind of games where everything goes for you and other times they don’t.

“But that’s why you keep going, it’s why you play football.

“You keep going for those little rewards at the end like on Saturday, it was great to come to a difficult place and get three points and now our attention turns to a busy Christmas period and see how we get on.”

Rhodes has made nine appearances for the Owls this season and had to wait until last weekend for his first goal to arrive.

But once it did, there was no holding back as Rhodes devastated Forest with a 37-minute treble to kill the game before the break.

rhodes_cele.jpg

“You try and keep your head down and work as hard as you can and each day is a chance to impress.

“With that mentality in mind, I’ve tried to keep my head down and stay as positive as possible.

“It’s not always easy when you’re not playing football but days like that when you get that reward and coming on last Saturday at Hillsborough was also a real boost and I’ve really enjoyed this last week.

“Let’s see what Bristol City brings now.”

Never seen so many sausage heads in one post 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Sounds like he was moving out in January, whether or not we’ll have a rethink now Can’t see too much has changed, it’s only one match, and we still need pace and guile in striking areas We shall see

Why do we need guile and pace?

Its goals we need. 

• Haha 3