Goal Difference

Only 3 teams with a better goal difference than us:

West Brom

Leeds 

Brentford 

All these 3 are above us in the table. 

Our +13 GD was obviously helped on Saturday... we’re doing pretty well... and we’ve probably not bagged as many as we could have. 

Shows our style of play is productive? 

It’s weird how we’ve struggled to score and finish off loads of games this season, which has cost us points.

However, we’ve had the odd game like Saturday, against Boro and Reading where just gone ballistic. This coupled with our defeats being narrow ones has helped our goal difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Love Fletcher but we need goals from others too or we can forget top six. Great that Rhodes has found his scoring boots. Reach even had a shot too. 

Maybe the EFL will just deduct us 9 goals instead of points - that feels about right. 

After Saturday last, and the season in general, so far, it's difficult to think about EFL actions.  As for GD, Wednesday needs to keep striking.  Wednesday looks good this season, in spite of the questionable calls by the Refs on the pitch, and the same off the pitch regarding the EFL.  SWFC needs goals, not just a 1-0 win, or a 0-1 win, but enough goals to add to the GD, and Saturday last did add some, in this case it was 0-4.

Was it a fluke, luck?  Maybe, but it is certainly NOT luck, or fluke, that Wednesday stands where they do.  

3 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

After Saturday last, and the season in general, so far, it's difficult to think about EFL actions.  As for GD, Wednesday needs to keep striking.  Wednesday looks good this season, in spite of the questionable calls by the Refs on the pitch, and the same off the pitch regarding the EFL.  SWFC needs goals, not just a 1-0 win, or a 0-1 win, but enough goals to add to the GD, and Saturday last did add some, in this case it was 0-4.

Was it a fluke, luck?  Maybe, but it is certainly NOT luck, or fluke, that Wednesday stands where they do.  

Cant be a fluke when we’ve scored 4 twice and 3 twice.

In so many other games we could and should have scored more. Hopefully our luck has changed.

Luck hasn't  changed, Wednesday has changed, looking better now, than across the last ~20+ years, especially across the last 5 years, never mind the "legalities", the Squad is making believers, out of the non-believers, both on the pitch, and this Forum.  You're right Holmowl it's not a fluke.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Maybe the EFL will just deduct us 9 goals instead of points - that feels about right. 

If the EFL were to do that you can guarantee that the goals they deduct would all be related to

games that we won by a margin of one goal. Thus, in effect, deducting us 18 points !

The Bastuds,:bullen:

Goal Difference rarely lies.

I can only recall Huddersfield as a freak when they got promoted a few seasons back with a -2 GD.

Our GD is excellent and tells a story.

Nobody is beating us easily. 6 defeats, each by one goal. How on Earth did we not get more points from Blackburn, Hull, Millwall and West Brom. Only at Preston and home to QPR we we clearly the worse team.

In contrast our wins are more comfortable:-

1 by 4 goals

1 by 3 goals 

4 by 2 goals

4 by 1 goal

• Thanks 1

It took us a while to adapt to to Slav then it clicked. Wednesday was the same with Monk. I do think some online fans here unestimate your squad I don't think the off field distraction helps. and Ithink i you could've been closer to us without it. I been posting almost 11 years and I've not known a time without drama