Brian Clough.....

1 minute ago, Kevan said:

Actually I lived in the north side of Nottingham, not far from Newstead Abbey, the home of Lord Byron,  for over 20 years and it was a wonderful place to live.

Sure, Nottingham has it's less salubrious areas, but so do most large cities, not least the fair city of Sheffield!

But yes, - we did give Forest a hell of a beating!

rather you than me bud.

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Born in Loxley but lived in Barnsdale where the airport is after he had his Loxley land (top of Rodney hill) nicked off him by the Sheriff of Nottingham. This victory is for you Robin!!!!!!

True, that Jack. Its now Normandale house. Loxley was part of Sherwood forest as well. 

Edited by Flying V

2 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Actually I lived in the north side of Nottingham, not far from Newstead Abbey, the home of Lord Byron,  for over 20 years and it was a wonderful place to live.

Sure, Nottingham has it's less salubrious areas, but so do most large cities, not least the fair city of Sheffield!

how old are you 300?

didn't take long for Lord Byron to do a runner did it?

and even you got out in the end.

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Born in Loxley but lived in Barnsdale where the airport is after he had his Loxley land (top of Rodney hill) nicked off him by the Sheriff of Nottingham. This victory is for you Robin!!!!!!

the airport near bawtry isn't near barnsdale, the A1 entry top side of upton is barnsdale bar, and the forest is referred to as north of Donny. 

there's a roadsigh heading east just outside of bawtry that say's bawtry was a 12th. century port.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Lord Byron and DH Lawrence are fairly well known...but then so is Harold Shipman.

Thought Byron was from Hucknall. I maybe wrong but there used to be a pub there sporting his name when i worked there occasionally in the mid nineties.  Now that place is a poo hole.

2 hours ago, Kevan said:

Mansfield then...wonderful?

4 hours ago, dorian gray said:

would YOU want to live in Nottingham?

I did for three years. It's a good city, with lots of good people. Trent Bridge is a brilliant cricket ground - had some great days there.  I like Nottingham and I actually don't mind Forest.  One of the best away days in recent years was Notts county in 2012.  But I'm still buzzing after yesterday's win. 

1 hour ago, Cockers said:

I did for three years. It's a good city, with lots of good people. Trent Bridge is a brilliant cricket ground - had some great days there.  I like Nottingham and I actually don't mind Forest.  One of the best away days in recent years was Notts county in 2012.  But I'm still buzzing after yesterday's win. 

yeah (I was jesting), I know there's some decent things around Nottingham, I used to enjoy watching forest win their european cups and visits to Trent bridge too.

I guess you could find something nice to say about leicester if you thought hard enough.