He's got his critics, not me mind, he'd be one of the first players on the team sheet for me

Okay, he's suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment

But what an absolute corker of a cross for Rhodes second goal, best pass of the game for me

Another thing I love about Reach, his first touch is usually superb, he seems to pluck the ball out of the air killing it instantly

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I'm a fan, just think that he would be used better on our left side and Harris on right.

Neither play like inverted winger, but get to goal line and crosses with their weeker foot.

Then again, as a team we are doing well so perhaps it is best not to change anything for now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

He has his ineffective games but every time he’s on the bench I start thinking that we need to bring him on. 

In his ineffective games, he still puts a shift in, the stats say he always covers more pitch than anyone else

Guest Bulgaria

I am a bit like Reach with my opinion on him.

One week I am full of energy for him, the next I just can't seem to get it together.

Maybe he is one of those players that we only really miss when he is gone.

13 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

In his ineffective games, he still puts a shift in, the stats say he always covers more pitch than anyone else

He can run around all day for workrate, but it's no good neshing  out of tackles when he gets there.... .. Just saying like! 

15 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

He can run around all day for workrate, but it's no good neshing  out of tackles when he gets there.... .. Just saying like! 

So did Chris Waddle

And he was the best player I've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

It does get my back up when people go on about this, it’s not Sunday morning football we’re talking about here.  Reach brings a bit of quality to the team when he’s on his game, and that game isn’t going around smashing people (that’s best left to Hutchinson).  

For better or worse, tackling no longer plays such a major part in top level football and Reach has plenty more to offer.  Dropping him was the right decision, but he’s starting to contribute more all round since winning his place back, and he remains one of our most creative players.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Not scoring, but is providing. That's assist no.5 for him this season. He may not be hitting the 8s or 9s this season, but he guarantees you team-play, work-rate, and a solid 6 or 7/10. Murphy does not. 

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Not scoring, but is providing. That's assist no.5 for him this season. He may not be hitting the 8s or 9s this season, but he guarantees you team-play, work-rate, and a solid 6 or 7/10. Murphy does not. 

Reach also gives us the ability to come inside and potentially shoot which scares teams as they know his ability. Is just as effective on the left and can also play narrow to form part of the central midfield when needed.  Can see why he is the preferred choice.

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

He's got his critics, not me mind, he'd be one of the first players on the team sheet for me

Okay, he's suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment

But what an absolute corker of a cross for Rhodes second goal, best pass of the game for me

Another thing I love about Reach, his first touch is usually superb, he seems to pluck the ball out of the air killing it instantly

He's our equal best footballer. There are things he massively lacks (well, tackling), but in terms of engine, touch, vision, etc etc he's up there with Bannan. Doesn't have the confidence/ego of Bannan, and that can go either way for either player. Usually Bazza styles it out and ends up looking ok when he has a poor game - for some reason when Reach has a stinker it stinks from a mile away. But all things considered, he's clearly one of our best. Fundamentally can't understand anyone who says he's a negative to SWFC, and they sit all around me. Ridiculous.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1