Forest fans leaving at HT.

43 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I remember it was 5-0 at ht didn't know it was cup. then I must have gone home as ive never heard of a 5 goal turnaround. 

Well, many years ago, Wednesday we're 0-5 down to Everton in a league game and did pull it back to 5-5.  

Before WW1 I think.   Not got my Wednesday reference books with me, but I'm not making it up.

Linker only played one season for Everton.  He didn't play in the 5-0 cup win.  

52 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I remember it was 5-0 at ht didn't know it was cup. then I must have gone home as ive never heard of a 5 goal turnaround. 

Well, many years ago, Wednesday we're 0-5 down to Everton in a league game and did pull it back to 5-5.  

Before WW1 I think.   Not got my Wednesday reference books with me, but I'm not making it up.

Linker only played one season for Everton.  He didn't play in the 5-0 cup win.  

Just checked on 11 v 11.   1904-05 so we were reigning champs. 5-5 at Hillsboro after being 0-5 at half time and 5-2 defeat at Goodison.  

7 hours ago, vulva said:

They also beat us 5 something in the league around that time. Seem to recall Linekar getting 3, one a diving header. 

Lineker played in a 1:5 league match 85-86 that began with us taking the lead I think. Everton then went on to give us a footballing lesson - best team I ever saw growing up but unbelievably they lost cup and league to Liverpool. 

The FA Cup saga was later and between two poorer teams.

11 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Reminds I once left at half time. 

We were 0-5 down to Everton in an FA cup 8th replay. 

I just went for a p! Ss and ended up in the Railway :cool:

So did I. All the bar staff were upstairs having a break, when the pub filled up an hour before they were expecting us.

Cant really blame them.

By all accounts, they dont create all that much.

Remember remarking a month or so ago how amusing it was to see some Southampton fans still sat there as the goals went in for Leicester. 

Suppose some see it as a badge of honour, but I think it is fair enough to pi55 off to the pub. 

Edited by SiJ

It seemed like the Forest fans knew what to expect. I think the manager told them not to bother and to keep the score down in the second half and conserve energy. I went to watch a game in Italy once and it reminded me of that, Fiorentina went 3-0 against Roma with 5 minutes to go, Roma by then had three players sent off. But to my amazement the 8 men of Roma then had 5 minutes of uninterrupted possession as Fiorentina just stood off them and conserved energy.

It felt a bit like that today - Lees and Iorfa were allowed to pass the ball between themselves for long stretches under no pressure. Similarly the Forest defenders passed the ball around a lot in defence with no urgency to get it forward. They never changed their tactics of having Grabban up front on his own. At least Boro had a go at us in the second half earlier this season, however inept their efforts were.

I mean, it's a great compliment to us, to basically think we're on a par with Man City or Liverpool and its not worth trying to attack us because we would just rip them to shreds if they tried. Not sure if I'd paid £30 to watch my team and they did that I would be going back in a hurry though...

12 hours ago, darra said:

Leeds 3 up against 10 man Cardiff drew 3 - 3

Soz, but got to pick you up on this.

Leeds weren't 3 up against 10 man Cardiff. They were 3 up against 11 man Cardiff.

11 man Cardiff brought it back to 3-2.

Leeds 3-2 up against 10 man Cardiff drew 3-3.

Apologies for being so pedantic, but it does my head in seeing (usually in the media) erroneous comments about how well/badly a team did against a side reduced in numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Cant really blame them.

By all accounts, they dont create all that much.

I live mostly surrounded by Forest fans and that's what they've said about their season so far.

They are set up to be more effective away from home, hence the reason they've only lost once on their travels as opposed to four times at home.

I'm pretty sure they've got the lowest xG rate in the division. 

11 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I live mostly surrounded by Forest fans and that's what they've said about their season so far.

They are set up to be more effective away from home, hence the reason they've only lost once on their travels as opposed to four times at home.

Pretty depressing to be all about nullifying the opposition, play 5 across the midfield at home and still be four-nil down at halftime then.

In preparation they must have only watched the videos of Rhodes when he played for us, rather than the Blackburn or Hudds version.

18 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Me too. Can't wait for work next week after the stick I got for wearing my Wednesday Christmas jumper on Friday.

:duntmatter:

Guest The Horse

Sit in the freezing cold watching the team you love get humiliated or fizz off somewhere warm, have a drink and forget about it.

Can't blame 'em.