Dawson

He doesn’t worry me anymore. Luhukay’s overplaying at the back didn’t help Dawson last season either. Thought it was right for Westwood to come back when he did, but the kick in the teeth for Dawson has made him come back better. Right now he is rightly number 1, time to look forward rather than backwards. 

29 minutes ago, steelerian said:

And what of Wildsmith?  Do we still feel he has any chance of forcing his way in?

He seems to have lost his way a bit and that injury hasn't helped him.

He needs to go out on loan with the option to recall if anything happens to either Dawson or Westwood.

I believe he still has a future at the club and its great to have 3 very good keepers at the club, one of those is nearing the end of his playing days.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Don't get me wrong he's a smashing keeper with long footballing future ahead but he had an easy ride today he had time to do a crossword.

Having an easy ride is recognised as being one of the most difficult games for keepers.....making sure concentration is switched on and making the odd save is sometime soon harder than being peppered 

its also worth mentioning that last season when he was making save after save, there were plenty on here saying that showed how poor he was at organising the defence.....so those must now accept that an easy afternoon means he’s had a blinder 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

Why?

Because despite their obvious quality, all our keepers seem to have little inconsistent patches and this is the way monk swings... Hence why he hinted that westwood would have been dropped irrespective of the reported injury. We have a lot of players to keep happy and if someone is continually picked despite playing badly, what message does this give to those on the sidelines?  

27 minutes ago, Ian said:

Having an easy ride is recognised as being one of the most difficult games for keepers.....making sure concentration is switched on and making the odd save is sometime soon harder than being peppered 

its also worth mentioning that last season when he was making save after save, there were plenty on here saying that showed how poor he was at organising the defence.....so those must now accept that an easy afternoon means he’s had a blinder 

This was my point and I remember clearly we discussed it at length.

Shot stopping is just one part of goal keeping, Dawson has always been an excellent shot stopper but his all round game has improved and he is getting his rewards and rightly so.

Edited by Blue and white

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Don't get me wrong he's a smashing keeper with long footballing future ahead but he had an easy ride today he had time to do a crossword.

Greek island who scores hat-tricks.

6 letters R - - d - s

(Sheff U fan tried Kefalonia)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

He’s a brilliant keeper getting better and better . Tie him up and make him first choice all season or somebody else in this league will . 

99% agree with you, with regards to being first choice all season I'd say it's his shirt for now and he will keep it as long as he keeps his form up, if he starts to slip then Westwood comes back in.

We don't have the biggest squad in the world but we have enough quality in every position to mean no one is gaurenteed a starting place and when form dips it's a case of out you come and a chance for someone else.

Competition for places is a healthy place to be. 

6 hours ago, steelerian said:

And what of Wildsmith?  Do we still feel he has any chance of forcing his way in?

Not for me. Used to be regular debates in here about who was the best prospect and there weren’t many of us that said Dawson

Keep it up Cameron 

7 hours ago, fpowl said:

Wrong 

not taking anything away from Dawson 

but to suggest Westwood’s time at our club is nearly over is just writing the lad out 

he can still be number one push cammy for that role or even be an great member of the squad 

westwood is in his latter end of his playing career 2-6 years left at best but he isn’t done yet 

great pro, great lad, still a very very good keeper 

We do it all the time , like a trollope that cant keep her knickers on, it will be FF next (again) ,Lee's has just had it etc etc 

Owlstalk will 5hag owt that hits form and think nothing of ditching a loyal boy/girlfriend 

• Haha 3