Jump to content
Lord Snooty

Man of the Match - Forest (A)

Man of the match  

689 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I actually think he’d be up there without the goals. Decent all round game and kept involved even when not in attack. 
 

Thought Reach, Fox and Fletch has decent games too. 

 

That Reach cross for our second!!!!

  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

I agree though Bannan deserves a mention, I thought he was fantastic today. 

Yes totally agree , though I had put him in there if only for that sublime ball inside their fullback in the first half 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see Monk go with an attacking line up today, it would have been easy for him to go back to the more defensive 433 with the 2 wide men and Fletcher isolated in the middle. 

 

Today everyone of those players put a fantastic shift in, we we're carrying no passengers.

 

The defence looked much more organised and solid, I think the change of Odubaju for Palmer helped.

 

Dawson.  8.  Clean sheet safe handling and a good save at 2-0. I think his kicking  has improved quite a bit.

 

Fox.         8.5 once again a very good game, defensively sound, his crossing is good and he now making a nuisance of himself in the opposition box from dead ball situations.

 

Lees.        7.5 Clean sheet for the defence and a good solid display.

 

Iorfa.        7.5. Not as eye catching as he can be but still a good solid performance and caused a few problems when venturing forward.

 

Palmer.     7 Sound defensively needs a few lessons on how to put a decent cross in from Fox. 

 

Harris.      8. Another very good display had the beating of the fullback, also tracks back and does his defensive stuff.

 

Bannan.    8. Revelling in the space Forest gave him in the first half and pulling the strings. Like the rest of the team worked really hard in the second half

 

Luongo.     8 I like the look of Luongo,was playing a little deeper and didn't make as many runs into the box as he can but did all the hard work which allowed Bannan to play. Said it before he reminds me of Danny Wilson.

 

Reach.      8 Worked so hard and covered loads of ground great cross for Rhodes goal, I do think he has lost a bit of his shooting confidence.

 

Rhodes.    10 MoM. I have been critical and so dissapointed in Rhodes so far but today he was class, He has bought himself some time in the team with these goals just hope he can keep performing like today.

 

Fletcher.    9. Another goal for Fletch, fllck on for Rhodes first and his all round play scared Forest defence. Make no bones about it, his presence created the space for Rhodes to work in.

 

Subs not on long enough to mark.

  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mom Rhodes for his 3 goals, utterly professional display and his lovely post match interview. Poor guy has clearly been through it here, you can tell by his body language. So happy for him 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete team performance and can't think of anyone who wouldn't get a 7 plus vote.  That said you can't go past Rhodes who not only worked hard closing defenders down but took all his goals superbly.  If and it's a big if we can get Rhodes firing on all cylinders we'll be there about's at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Dawson - 7 - Spectator for long periods. But made the regulation saves without any fuss, and produced a decent save to stop Carvalho's long range effort in the first half. 

 

Palmer - 8 - Strong, confident display. He's our 1st choice right back, Odubajo is now very much, his deputy.

 

Lees - 8 - Commanding display, and did the simple things well. Aerially dominant, and looked confident enough to anticipate things far more regular, to enable him to step in front and intercept balls into Grabban's feet. 

 

Iorfa - 8 - Thought he lapsed a little bit in midweek, but back to normal. Grabban won't have a quieter game all season...Iorfa bossed him from minute one. 

 

Fox - 8 - Another very adept display, both offensively and defensively. He won't get people off their seat in an attacking sense, but he provides a really valuable support role to Harris. Put in a number of decent crosses today also.

 

Bannan - 8 - Imperious. Seemed to step up in the absence of Hutchinson in midfield, and took the responsibility to drive the team forward. 

 

Luongo - 9 - Almost perfect all round midfield display. On any other day, he'd have been Man of the Match by a country mile. 

 

Harris - 8 - Yet again, a real threat, and had Matty Cash, a good footballer, but never a full back, on toast. I do worry however, that if he gets injured, how we'd replace him. He and Fletcher are currently the only two players that really applies to.

 

Reach - 8 - Quality from minute one. Brilliant delivery into the box for Rhodes 2nd, and unfortunate not to get a goal himself. 

 

Fletcher - 9 - Awesome...yet again. Rhodes will, quite rightly, take all the plaudits, but Fletcher's display was fantastic. Crucial role to play in Rhodes' 1st goal, and got a deserved goal himself. 

 

Rhodes - 10 - Man of the Match - A perfect hat-trick, so a perfect score (those are as rare as...well, Jordan Rhodes hat-tricks in a Wednesday shirt!). Left foot. Header. Right foot. Three chances, three goals. The Jordan Rhodes that had terrorised us for years, and the player we all hoped we signed three seasons ago. Please let this be a turning point. 

 

Overall...

 

It was the Derby display, but with everything that I bemoaned was missing from us. We started positively, once again. We put the home side on the back foot. Again. And we deservedly scored when on top, again. But, this time, we didn't settle for one. We went for the jugular. We exposed Forest's vulnerabilities, and absolutely ripped them to shreds. We were ruthless, and greedy. It was wonderful to watch. 

 

And in the 2nd half, we did what we needed to do. Conserved energy, but never allowed Forest a real chance to get back into the game. And as the game went on, we started to look a real threat on the counter. 

 

It was the perfect away performance. Boro was mightily impressive...but by God, this was a step above.

 

It's been a great week, in three tough fixtures on paper. Crucial we now make home advantage count on Sunday against Bristol, and really begin to stamp our authority on this really poor league. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson 6 almost nowt to do

Palmer 7

Lees 8 hope he’s not injured badly 

Iorfa 7

Fox 7 did well overall with Ameobi

Harris 7

Luongo 8 outstanding 

Bannan 7

Reach 8 much much better

Rhodes 9 nothing else to say

Fletcher 8 excellent again

 

Borner, Nuhiu, Winnall all 6. Did ok

 

Absolutely brilliant performance. Well done lads!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson 6 almost nowt to do

Palmer 7

Lees 8 hope he’s not injured badly 

Iorfa 7

Fox 7 did well overall with Ameobi

Harris 7

Luongo 8 outstanding 

Bannan 7

Reach 8 much much better

Rhodes 9 nothing else to say

Fletcher 8 excellent again

 

Borner, Nuhiu, Winnall all 6. Did ok

 

Absolutely brilliant performance. Well done lads!!

Maybe I should have gone higher with the ratings 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, owlandished said:

Here are the stats from whoscored.com; quite remarkable. Not seen every player score above 7 points or anyone in a Wednesday shirt getting 9.72 before

 

Iorfa 7.01

Palmer 7.24

Dawson 7.31

Harris 7.33

Lees 7.34

Luongo 7.48

Fox 7.56

Bannan 7.75

Reach 7.87

Fletcher 8.31

Rhodes 9.72

 

 

Maybe my scores are spot on except for Dawson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan ran midfield and easily an 8, harris ran his flank so nearer 8 too imo, plus a perfect hat trick including an overhead kick might scrape a 10 tbf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, frastheowl said:

 

Dawson - 7 - Spectator for long periods. But made the regulation saves without any fuss, and produced a decent save to stop Carvalho's long range effort in the first half. 

 

Palmer - 8 - Strong, confident display. He's our 1st choice right back, Odubajo is now very much, his deputy.

 

Lees - 8 - Commanding display, and did the simple things well. Aerially dominant, and looked confident enough to anticipate things far more regular, to enable him to step in front and intercept balls into Grabban's feet. 

 

Iorfa - 8 - Thought he lapsed a little bit in midweek, but back to normal. Grabban won't have a quieter game all season...Iorfa bossed him from minute one. 

 

Fox - 8 - Another very adept display, both offensively and defensively. He won't get people off their seat in an attacking sense, but he provides a really valuable support role to Harris. Put in a number of decent crosses today also.

 

Bannan - 8 - Imperious. Seemed to step up in the absence of Hutchinson in midfield, and took the responsibility to drive the team forward. 

 

Luongo - 9 - Almost perfect all round midfield display. On any other day, he'd have been Man of the Match by a country mile. 

 

Harris - 8 - Yet again, a real threat, and had Matty Cash, a good footballer, but never a full back, on toast. I do worry however, that if he gets injured, how we'd replace him. He and Fletcher are currently the only two players that really applies to.

 

Reach - 8 - Quality from minute one. Brilliant delivery into the box for Rhodes 2nd, and unfortunate not to get a goal himself. 

 

Fletcher - 9 - Awesome...yet again. Rhodes will, quite rightly, take all the plaudits, but Fletcher's display was fantastic. Crucial role to play in Rhodes' 1st goal, and got a deserved goal himself. 

 

Rhodes - 10 - Man of the Match - A perfect hat-trick, so a perfect score (those are as rare as...well, Jordan Rhodes hat-tricks in a Wednesday shirt!). Left foot. Header. Right foot. Three chances, three goals. The Jordan Rhodes that had terrorised us for years, and the player we all hoped we signed three seasons ago. Please let this be a turning point. 

 

Overall...

 

It was the Derby display, but with everything that I bemoaned was missing from us. We started positively, once again. We put the home side on the back foot. Again. And we deservedly scored when on top, again. But, this time, we didn't settle for one. We went for the jugular. We exposed Forest's vulnerabilities, and absolutely ripped them to shreds. We were ruthless, and greedy. It was wonderful to watch. 

 

And in the 2nd half, we did what we needed to do. Conserved energy, but never allowed Forest a real chance to get back into the game. And as the game went on, we started to look a real threat on the counter. 

 

It was the perfect away performance. Boro was mightily impressive...but by God, this was a step above.

 

It's been a great week, in three tough fixtures on paper. Crucial we now make home advantage count on Sunday against Bristol, and really begin to stamp our authority on this really poor league. 


Real pleasure to read this. Thank you.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't remember the actual stats, but they showed possession of around 45 Wed - 55 Forest.

 

This just shows the uselessness of possession stats. It's not how long you have the ball, but how effective you are when you get it.4 goals in the first half  allows you to sit back a little and allow them to have the ball

 

We also seem to get a lot of people thinking we've only beaten the poorer sides. So far this season,the only side in the top ten to beat us is WBA, and that a fluke..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very similar to most of, if not all games under Monk

 

Well organised, hard working and effective use of the ball. 
 

The obvious difference being we took our chances yesterday. 
 

Luongo was the best player on the pitch for me 

 

Very pleased with the work Monk is doing to date. In his short time at the helm he’s given the team an identity. 
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't normally say that the MOM has to go to the bloke who scored the goals but to not give it to the bloke who scored a hat trick is silly. 

 

Has to be JR. 

 

but acknowledgement that every one of them were outstanding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought Id be giving Jordan Rhodes a MOM,but pleased and suprised to do so,rammed a few words down mi throat,like others Ive given the kid some stick,but he was on it from first whistle charging down a clearance so well done lad.

Fantastic team performance yesterday,Im from a nottingham based family and have absolutely LOADS of family in Nottingham,so Im extra chuffed,a very sound team performance,proffesional and very hard working.

Just hoping Tom Lees isnt a long term casualty.

WAWAW

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

can't remember the actual stats, but they showed possession of around 45 Wed - 55 Forest.

 

This just shows the uselessness of possession stats. It's not how long you have the ball, but how effective you are when you get it.4 goals in the first half  allows you to sit back a little and allow them to have the ball

 

We also seem to get a lot of people thinking we've only beaten the poorer sides. So far this season,the only side in the top ten to beat us is WBA, and that a fluke..

 

I never knew that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

can't remember the actual stats, but they showed possession of around 45 Wed - 55 Forest.

 

This just shows the uselessness of possession stats. It's not how long you have the ball, but how effective you are when you get it.4 goals in the first half  allows you to sit back a little and allow them to have the ball

 

We also seem to get a lot of people thinking we've only beaten the poorer sides. So far this season,the only side in the top ten to beat us is WBA, and that a fluke..

 

Blackburn, Preston?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very, very pleased for Rhodes.

Maybe Monk is the first Owls manager to realise that he needs an early, quality ball into the box with others in support - and has set the team up to actually do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...