Give Rhodes a run of games

7 minutes ago, jrh said:

The question is since he has 'lost it' has he ever actually had a run in a team? Middlesborough, he was in and out. Here he was in and out. Norwich he started the season over pukki and then pukki turned out to look like the beat striker in the league so Rhodes didn't really get a look in. Then here again... 

I hope our fans and manager give him a chance and if he has a bad game don't resort to "he's lost it" blah blah. 

I seen a lot of people saying “he’s not quick” “he’s not strong enough” but he’s never been any of those things. He is what he is and that’s a bog liner. Reminds me of Billy Sharp, someone who you don’t really notice on a football pitch unless they are scoring. Making the hardest thing on the pitch seem easy. 

• Like 1

Well done today Jordan Rhodes .  The confidence  gained from this will add to his potential I reckon .  Keep this duo together for an extended run if we can . :rolleyes:

( We might then still have a few points left to our name after the FL hit us for abusing their own ridiculously unfair  rules.) ;-)

4 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Needs games , looks rusty but surely we have to just go with him and see ...  nothing to lose .. I still believe (just ) lol

Wow kudos to the suggestion there sir.

Still in shock today, what a way to get off the mark. Looking forward to seeing the goals! Getting a run of games clearly helped him, if we can get Rhodes on a roll now we'll really be in business.

Been pissed off at the lad but thats due to the fee which wasn't his fault. He must be buzzing tonight, maybe this is the turnaround of his career here.

He’s barely started a game for us in two years, so there’s no wonder he hasn’t been scoring. Yes he’s looked poor, but has he really had a fair run of games? He’s in prime position now and I think we’d all be delighted if he can cement his place.

Edited by Castleford Owl

8 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Needs games , looks rusty but surely we have to just go with him and see ...  nothing to lose .. I still believe (just ) lol

Ive no idea what you look like but I’m picturing you rocking in an old rocking chair, smoking a big fat cigar, holding a fine brandy, with a very justified look of knowing self-satisfaction on your face.

Great call mate. 

1 hour ago, Brommers said:

Well done JR, Norwich might up their bid in January now to £1.lol

Regardless of today I really doubt Rhodes is going anywhere in January, nobody’s getting involved with his wages anytime soon and Chansiri will not let him go for nowt , not a prayer and I made this point a few weeks ago when I said it was probably time to get him in the side and give him a go again as he’s going nowhere anytime soon 

He’s a better player at this level than Winnall has ever been or likely to be, Forestieri can’t stay fit and hasn’t looked anything like himself for long enough now and Atdhe’s job is a squad player from the bench 

We should’ve been playing JR from the get go this season