Give Rhodes a run of games

1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

Ok people, can we please set a cut off point for this. We tried this "give him a run" few few times now and it's always ended bad. It's as if people try it realise he's crap then X number of months go by and people forget, and the cycle repeats.

unlucky mate, UNLUCKY.

unless he puts 4 through his own net in the second half, you'll end up with egg on your face.

but to be fair he has had chance after chance, so are we to learn anything from this?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

unlucky mate, UNLUCKY.

unless he puts 4 through his own net in the second half, you'll end up with egg on your face.

but to be fair he has had chance after chance, so are we to learn anything from this?

Were learning to get the ball into the box from crosses again. When we do that we score. Seems when we have time to tweak things we change our style and go backwards.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It seems like the manager has recently found some faith in Rhodes that has been missing for a long time. Wonder if he's seen something that had been absent previously?

i think reports were he’d been training v well and looking sharp, which is why he got back on the bench a few games ago

18 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It seems like the manager has recently found some faith in Rhodes that has been missing for a long time. Wonder if he's seen something that had been absent previously?

Unlike you. I said class is permanent. You are so negative.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

That 'permanent' class has been almost entirely absent for three years. One good half and you're as giddy as a teenager after his first pint.

How can you say 3 years? He was at Norwich for a season and hardly got a look in

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

That 'permanent' class has been almost entirely absent for three years. One good half and you're as giddy as a teenager after his first pint.

'Giddy as  a teenager '   Love it considering I am 70 plus lol

The problem in his first year and a half was the amount of strikers we had. It wasn’t healthy. Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Joao, Winnall and Rhodes. Every week the front line changed. Fletcher has improved no end since he was made main man last season and hopefully we will see the same with Rhodes now. 

16 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Well done Rhodes, I've been a huge critic of him and his performances for us, but hopefully this will at least put him in the shop window again.....

We want 5! We want 5!

I need another 22 from him by the end of the season, for mi 33/1 bet. 

Gerratem JR. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

About as rusty as this....

E06BC541-1750-4AB0-8D21-FB692578C008.jpeg

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Ok people, can we please set a cut off point for this. We tried this "give him a run" few few times now and it's always ended bad. It's as if people try it realise he's crap then X number of months go by and people forget, and the cycle repeats.

Didn’t age well those two posts.

LOL

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

How can you say 3 years? He was at Norwich for a season and hardly got a look in

Was his class evident from their bench?

Did I really need to specify he was on loan at Norwich? We all know that. But doing almost nothing for us in two years isn't much better is it?

The question is since he has 'lost it' has he ever actually had a run in a team? Middlesborough, he was in and out. Here he was in and out. Norwich he started the season over pukki and then pukki turned out to look like the beat striker in the league so Rhodes didn't really get a look in. Then here again... 

I hope our fans and manager give him a chance and if he has a bad game don't resort to "he's lost it" blah blah. 

• Thanks 1