Team v Forest

1 hour ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I don’t know if Murphy can operate through the centre but if he can this would be it for me.  At times we need pace to run behind to provide another option.  

I dont know either but i know next to fletcher several have been tried including winnall, nuhiu, rhodes and reach who have all shown little to no goal threat, so worse he can do is similar until we get a proper pacy striker.

Like you say at least he can run in behind, possibly from a bannan through ball or on the counter which none of the above can do, run channels to stretch it or drop deep, if he can be bothered anyway!

Could be the making of him or cause more frustration, but he can't cross or track back well enough for out wide, so thats now our last option with him to produce imo.

With Hutchinson suspended, in a tough away game, Monk would be very brave to go with a two man midfield. 

Rhodes was poor midweek, and probably drops out. The rest, probably picks itself.

---------------------Dawson-----------------------

Palmer------Iorfa------------Lees------------Fox

---------------------Bannan-----------------------

-------------Luongo---------Lee-------------------

Reach----------------------------------------Harris

----------------------Fletcher----------------------

Interesting how we will line up tomorrow. 

Monk will have to make a choice of whether to play 451 or stick with the 442.  

If those are the two options, I would have to say stick with the 442.  

If we do go 442, I would expect to see something like

Dawson

Palmer   Iorfa   Lees   Fox

Harris  Luongo  Bazza Reach

Nuhiu Fletcher

451 would probably look like 

Dawson  

Palmer Iorfa  Lees  Fox

Luongo

Lee              Bazza

Reach                     Harris

Fletcher

Personally and solely specifically for this game, I would go a 532 for this match.  

We need 3 in centre midfield with Hutchinson out, but we also need 2 up top to keep the pressure on their back four and increase our chances of scoring.  

Would work nicely imo, but not going to happen.  

Dawson

Iorfa     Lees    Borner

Palmer                                            Fox

Luongo

Lee                          Bazza

Nuhiu    Fletcher

Use Reach and Harris in the second half if and when we need then.  

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Doubt that Forestieri will play for us again, be injured til Jan then flogged.

I'd go

Dawson

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

Reach Lee Luongo Bannan Harris

Fletcher  

Be a tough battle tomorrow, not a game we should be going 2 up front in. Lee up there supporting Fletcher. Also not having an out and out DM means we cant afford to go lightweight with 2, so has to be 3.

The changes obviously conceded in the last 4 games when Borner wasn't on pitch, so bring him back in for Lees. Hutchinson banned, Odubajo too but would drop him either way, bring in Luongo and Palmer.

Bring Nuhiu on with 20 to go, either as a switch to 2 if needing a goal or swap for Fletcher if not. Other subs dont matter cos arent good enough.

To be fair I can't fault that side or your reasoning behind it bud.. 

I also think if we're playing one up top with Harris & reach on the flanks it makes sense to have both Lee & Loungo in the middle. 

If they can get a good understanding and both get box to box it creates space and gives far more support for fletcher going forward. They also carry a much higher goal threat than hutch or bazza who normally get a nose Bleed near the oppositions 18 yard box. 

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

With Hutchinson suspended, in a tough away game, Monk would be very brave to go with a two man midfield. 

Rhodes was poor midweek, and probably drops out. The rest, probably picks itself.

---------------------Dawson-----------------------

Palmer------Iorfa------------Lees------------Fox

---------------------Bannan-----------------------

-------------Luongo---------Lee-------------------

Reach----------------------------------------Harris

----------------------Fletcher----------------------

This was my thinking Luongo & lee are box to box, so should be able to allow us to compensate for hutch missing defensively whilst aiding fletcher and the wingers up top by providing extra bodies in and around the box and bazza tends to sit deep anyway. 

The only awkward one for me is I'm glad no odd-job after his sending off. 

I know iorfa has been immense at cb, but I do think he offers more going forward especially with his hight and pace at right back especially if we're going to sit in a bit and try to counter. 

Hence why id be tempted to bring borner back in alongside Lees and let the shackles off iorfa allowing him to get forward out wide and help his winger out. 

8 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

This was my thinking Luongo & lee are box to box, so should be able to allow us to compensate for hutch missing defensively whilst aiding fletcher and the wingers up top by providing extra bodies in and around the box and bazza tends to sit deep anyway. 

The only awkward one for me is I'm glad no odd-job after his sending off. 

I know iorfa has been immense at cb, but I do think he offers more going forward especially with his hight and pace at right back especially if we're going to sit in a bit and try to counter. 

Hence why id be tempted to bring borner back in alongside Lees and let the shackles off iorfa allowing him to get forward out wide and help his winger out. 

I know it seems to be a growing trend on here, but I just don't subscribe to the notion that moving our most in-form player out of the position he's thriving in is a good move. 

We currently have one of the best performing centre halves in the division. Why go messing about with that?

Plus, Palmer has been more than capable at right back this season. If he's fit, surely he comes straight back in?

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

I know it seems to be a growing trend on here, but I just don't subscribe to the notion that moving our most in-form player out of the position he's thriving in is a good move. 

We currently have one of the best performing centre halves in the division. Why go messing about with that?

Plus, Palmer has been more than capable at right back this season. If he's fit, surely he comes straight back in?

I know as I said iorfa has been immense at cb and one of our best and most consistent performers recently. 

My thoughts though were more in an attacking aspect. Forest arn't known to be good in the air and it maybe something we could profit from. 

At set peices it gives us another good ariel presence especially if you've fletcher, Borner and Lees in the box from say a corner it gives you that extra man that's good in the air to defend against. 

He's also quicker than Palmer and pretty good with ball at feet, so gives us something different breaking on the counter-attack. We're struggling a bit for goals, so that was part of my logic. 

15 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Understand that Fletcher is out tomorrow. 

Hope not, but he did take a couple of knocks at Derby and have been surprised by the number of minutes he's played.

That's us fizzed if hes out, genuinely dont see where a goal will come from.