Xbox Series X (the next gen Xbox console)

On 04/11/2020 at 04:14, DeeJayOne said:

Series S supposedly has ~364Gb usable space.

Can pretty much fit CoD on it and.... that's it. 😂

Oosh - that hurts
Glad I bailed on the S

Had concerns surrounding that after I used the One S as a game pass machine and had a headache managing games even with my fast internet.

Going to wait for a cheaper X/Cheaper memory/whichever comes first

Reviews of Series X are out.

A good upgrade on the One X, but nothing to show it off (i.e. good new Series X exclusive games harnessing its power) is the consensus.

Many comparing it to buying a new mobile phone as an upgrade.

21 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

A good upgrade on the One X, but nothing to show it off (i.e. good new Series X exclusive games harnessing its power) is the consensus.

Thats the big problem with xbox. take gamepass away and there's nothing. Even then its largly fps games

On 05/11/2020 at 22:45, DeeJayOne said:

Is that because there's no games to push it to capacity ?  Its a really shoddy launch. @owlstalk is bang on the money. You've invested all the r and d money, bespoke chipset and GPU and then you don't launch properly. Waste.

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Is that because there's no games to push it to capacity ?  Its a really shoddy launch. @owlstalk is bang on the money. You've invested all the r and d money, bespoke chipset and GPU and then you don't launch properly. Waste.

Yes. Basically the launch is heavily leaning on Gamepass (which is great to be fair) and Backwards Compatibility (which PS5 can do now).

Since the new Halo was panned and delayed, it has nothing new to add really. I think they were pinning everything next-gen on Halo (the Series X retail box is still clad with Halo imagery) and were knocked quite a bit when they were forced to delay it.

Of course it will still be great for Gamepass, Backwards Compatibility and Cross-Gen/Multiplatform titles... but it feels like it has released a little too early in terms of next-gen stuff.

I've not had an Xbox since the 360 so super hyped for Tuesday. Loads to catch up on Game Pass to keep me busy until next year. 

Where as I wasn't tempted with the PS5 (mainly as it looks horrendous and probably wouldn't fit) but as they seem to be supporting PS4 for a while I can enjoy it and look at the mid-gen refresh to get that. 

In reality I think both launches have been pretty similar, both relying on Game Pass and PS+ library. PS5 does pick up a win with Spider-Man mind. 

Excited for the Xbox too, I get what people are saying about PS5 having afew titles that are must play..and exclusive but I just borrow a mates console for a week and complete The Last of Us 2, slide him £20. Easy peasy. When it's 7 years between those games getting released, it could be 2027 for the next one.

Be interesting to see the difference with the extra couple of teraflops of gaming goodness over the ps5.

My xbox is taking the scenic route to Ireland

11/10/2020 12:22 A.M.Koeln, Germany

Arrived at Facility

11/09/2020 9:48 P.M.Castle Donington, United KingdomDeparted from Facility

11/09/2020 8:21 P.M.Castle Donington, United KingdomArrived at Facility

11/09/2020 8:08 P.M.Northampton, United KingdomDeparted from Facility

2 hours ago, Gerinako said:

Castle Donington though!
It sure has a good eye for sights 😃

Its East Midlands Airport.  Magically it only stayed in Cologne for an hour and arrived in Dublin this morning.

I wish UPS had a proper tracker, living near depot i think im gonna be last drop.