Xbox Series X (the next gen Xbox console)

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm gonna get one

Genuinely looks great, but I'm holding off to see what PS5 offers. The PlayStation exclusives will probably tip it for me - I can't imagine not playing next-gen instalments of God of War, Horizon, Gran Turismo, Spider-Man, The Last of Us, Uncharted, etc.

23 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Halo Infinite delayed until 2021, then oddly a November launch confirmed for the Series X almost straight after that announcement. 

That is a huge blow for the Series X launch. 

Did you see the recent gameplay demo of Halo Infinite? It looked hilariously bad for a supposed next gen game. It would have looked average at best if you told me it was running on the base Xbox One model. 

Delaying it it by a year, and presumably hiring some competent developers at 343 is the best decision they could take. 

Edited by Wath-owl

Xbox Series S leaked last night, leading to Microsoft confirming it in the middle of the night!

All-Digital

Nearly 60% smaller than Xbox Series X

Custom 512GB NVME SSD powered by Xbox Velocity Architecture (like the SX)

1440p at up to 120FPS

DirectX Raytracing

VRS

4K upscaling and media playback

£249/$299/€299 

Both S and X will be available on a finance plan with Game Pass included for ~ £20-30/month (24 months).

MS are genuinely confusing me with all the names of their consoles. I’ll admit I don’t follow Xbox news that closely, but it can’t be good for those who just want to buy one of their kids. 

29 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Xbox Series S leaked last night, leading to Microsoft confirming it in the middle of the night!

All-Digital

Nearly 60% smaller than Xbox Series X

Custom 512GB NVME SSD powered by Xbox Velocity Architecture (like the SX)

1440p at up to 120FPS

DirectX Raytracing

VRS

4K upscaling and media playback

£249/$299/€299 

Both S and X will be available on a finance plan with Game Pass included for ~ £20-30/month (24 months).

When's that on sale?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Dore Owl said:

MS are genuinely confusing me with all the names of their consoles. I’ll admit I don’t follow Xbox news that closely, but it can’t be good for those who just want to buy one of their kids. 

There's just two naming conventions going forward.

Series X = The most powerful version, with disc drive

Series S = The less powerful, budget, all digital version

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Gonna get one

I never use mine (can't even remember when I last turned it on!)  but I like the new specs

lol

That's the budget version too!

I'm still holding out for Playstation info (hopefully tomorrow according to rumours)... Playstation exclusives are just so much better than Xbox, for me.

The price of the Series S is so tempting though. But a 2020 console that isn't natively 4K will probably be a dealbreaker for me.

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

That's the budget version too!

I'm still holding out for Playstation info (hopefully tomorrow according to rumours)... Playstation exclusives are just so much better than Xbox, for me.

The price of the Series S is so tempting though. But a 2020 console that isn't natively 4K will probably be a dealbreaker for me.

Oh I thought it was 4k - sod that then

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Oh I thought it was 4k - sod that then

Clever wording. '4K Upscaling'. It isn't naively 4K.

The Xbox Series X will be 4K, but that will be around £450.

I will still prefer a disc drive too and Xbox Series S doesn't have one.

Plus, the PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4 games and considering I've got ~50 PS4 games on disc I think I will be going for the disc version of the PS5 in the long run.

49 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

PS5 disc version + Xbox Series S for gamepass is an enticing combo for me. Not too fussed about the Series X. 

Yeah same plan. Although I can see me caving and just getting the Series X in the end.