Subs

9 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Can’t quite grasp the reason for having 3 centre midfielders on the bench. Does anyone know the reason? 

Esiecially if we’re playing 4-4-2 surely we’d be better off having 2 forwards on the bench? 

There’s only Winnall. Is he available?

51 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Can’t quite grasp the reason for having 3 centre midfielders on the bench. Does anyone know the reason? 

Esiecially if we’re playing 4-4-2 surely we’d be better off having 2 forwards on the bench? 

I really cannot understand any bench so far from Monk, he whinges all the time about the squad being unbalanced then his choice on the bench normally consist of 3 or 4 central midfielders, a keeper and one or two strikers.

For me a bench has a keeper, two defender, two midfielder and two attacking players or players coming back to full fitness, all the time Lees was out or others suspended or injured Thorniley a centre half never on the bench, last night when the first change came it should have been a striker with teh ability to run such as Winnall instead on comes to useless lump.

I am not sure on GM yet, he just seems to be losing a lot of points with bad decisions. Bring the wrong players on, taking the wrong one off, picking players over better in form players then not giving others any chances what so ever.

For me his substitutions and the timing of them last night cost us the 3 points, trying to shut up shop with 15 minutes left 1-0 up was beyond stupid. Bring off Rhodes who had put himself about for a player that looks like he is running in cement for most of the time I could not understand, then the change of Murphy for Harris when Reach had been a spectator for most of the game.

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I really cannot understand any bench so far from Monk, he whinges all the time about the squad being unbalanced then his choice on the bench normally consist of 3 or 4 central midfielders, a keeper and one or two strikers.

For me a bench has a keeper, two defender, two midfielder and two attacking players or players coming back to full fitness, all the time Lees was out or others suspended or injured Thorniley a centre half never on the bench, last night when the first change came it should have been a striker with teh ability to run such as Winnall instead on comes to useless lump.

I am not sure on GM yet, he just seems to be losing a lot of points with bad decisions. Bring the wrong players on, taking the wrong one off, picking players over better in form players then not giving others any chances what so ever.

For me his substitutions and the timing of them last night cost us the 3 points, trying to shut up shop with 15 minutes left 1-0 up was beyond stupid. Bring off Rhodes who had put himself about for a player that looks like he is running in cement for most of the time I could not understand, then the change of Murphy for Harris when Reach had been a spectator for most of the game.

You couldn't understand taking off Rhodes? He was royally fooked and it was his first start since the Blitz.

46 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

You couldn't understand taking off Rhodes? He was royally fooked and it was his first start since the Blitz.

We could have played better with 10 men than bring on Nuihu though he could have brought on Murphy for Rhodes or Luongo instead he brought on the lump. 

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We could have played better with 10 men than bring on Nuihu though he could have brought on Murphy for Rhodes or Luongo instead he brought on the lump. 

Nuhiu is a real handful but only when he's on it. Last night and vs Brentford he's been a waste of a shirt.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The same useless lump that’s contributed way more than winnall. Monk moans because he left with an ageing to squad he’d like to change and no cash to do so. He’s doing a great job but hey don’t let that get in the way of you moaning

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Nuhiu is a real handful but only when he's on it. Last night and vs Brentford he's been a waste of a shirt.

Nuhiu is quite simple to understand.

Bring him on when we are attacking , chasing a game, and other players get around him and he is effective.

Bring him on when we are defending, being pushed back, and he gets isolated and he is ineffective .

All to do with his lack of mobility 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

The same useless lump that’s contributed way more than winnall. Monk moans because he left with an ageing to squad he’d like to change and no cash to do so. He’s doing a great job but hey don’t let that get in the way of you moaning

Monk has the best squad he has ever had - his words not mine, the problem is game management and last night we threw away another two points with the incorrect subs on the bench and the time of the subs and who was subbed.

Nuihu with the mobility of someone stuck in cement should never have replaced Rhodes inside had Winnall been on the bench he would have been perfect playing against his old team - with a point to prove. Harris came off when it should have been Reach, then we hold on for a point taking off the only attacking threat we had to replace him with a defensive midfielder with 13 minutes left - you don't normally do this with so long left on the clock.

We can blame the ref, or Odabajo, as far as him, I don't understand why Palmer was not playing having completed his suspension, but poor decision at key time cost us last night. So yes Monk is doing ok, last night he was at fault for the subs he brought on which ultimately cost us the game.

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

I am sorry but no he is not good enough for this level of football.

If we want to scrabble around in midtable then keep him, if we want to push for the top 6 we need better and we need consistency, 1 game in 5 or 6 and 3 goals in 20 odd appearances is simple not good enough. He was woeful last night.

48 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Monk has the best squad he has ever had - his words not mine, the problem is game management and last night we threw away another two points with the incorrect subs on the bench and the time of the subs and who was subbed.

Nuihu with the mobility of someone stuck in cement should never have replaced Rhodes inside had Winnall been on the bench he would have been perfect playing against his old team - with a point to prove. Harris came off when it should have been Reach, then we hold on for a point taking off the only attacking threat we had to replace him with a defensive midfielder with 13 minutes left - you don't normally do this with so long left on the clock.

We can blame the ref, or Odabajo, as far as him, I don't understand why Palmer was not playing having completed his suspension, but poor decision at key time cost us last night. So yes Monk is doing ok, last night he was at fault for the subs he brought on which ultimately cost us the game.

When did he say that? I can’t imagine this squad is better than one with Swansea where he finished 6th in the PL?

Doubt it would be great for morale if he came out and said what he actually thinks.