gurujuan

The January window

On 12/12/2019 at 10:03, sherlyegg said:

Don't think we could attract any ' known' players, if say they had a choice between us and any top 6 team.

Except by paying over the top wages..and so the big wheel keeps on turning.

What would DC do, if say someone came in for fletch at say £6 / £10m...or maybe bannan...

My guess is he would say no thanks..

If we could get 6million for Fletcher at his age I would grab it. He is important to the team but time is not on his side.

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We have never been in all honesty very busy in January and I don’t expect that to change this season. Before players come in then I suspect players will have to leave first.

I think Norwich will come back in for Rhodes but whether or not we’ll let him go probably depends on the next 5 or 6 games. 

Rowett will probably try and get Winnall and I could see Pelupessy going back to Holland before his contract runs out.

As for players coming in I’d like to see a more mobile striker plus maybe a pacy winger to take the pressure off Harris. As for some saying we need an understudy to Fletch to protect him, I think Monk will persevere with Nuhiu.

Although, didn’t we sign Rhodes, Winnall and Fox in January? Perhaps that is good enough reason to be more cautious That some of these leaks appear to have substance, we can assume that a forward is a priority Not sure what to make of the Rhodes situation, one swallow and all that His bad games for us outnumber his good games, by about 50-1 

His hat trick was timely though, whatever happens

Just now, gurujuan said:

Although, didn’t we sign Rhodes, Winnall and Fox in January? Perhaps that is good enough reason to be more cautious That some of these leaks appear to have substance, we can assume that a forward is a priority Not sure what to make of the Rhodes situation, one swallow and all that His bad games for us outnumber his good games, by about 50-1 

His hat trick was timely though, whatever happens

We did indeed but apart from this window and the first January Window that both Mandaric and Chansiri had we haven’t been busy in January.

Seems to be a bit of a rumour coming out of Bristol we've been tracking ex toytown striker Clarke-Harris along with a few other championship clubs. 

Scored a load of goals last year and has 8 in 11 games this season according to the page I was reading. 25 so not too old either. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

18 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

We need a fast striker, another target man, and a few more midfielders

Defensively I think we’re sound 

Iorfa type meaning young fast and good. Not necessarily a defender just players of his pedigree 

8 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We did indeed but apart from this window and the first January Window that both Mandaric and Chansiri had we haven’t been busy in January.

Its funny how many players improve when new deals or transfers are rumoured 

Marcus Maddison must be on the radar of so many clubs - would love him to come here, exactly type of player Monk would love - mean delivery

Edited by TodwickOwl

26 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Marcus Maddison must be on the radar of so many clubs - would love him to come here, exactly type of player Monk would love - mean delivery

Can't believe he's still at Peterborough, contract expires in 6 months, get a cheeky bid in.

24 minutes ago, Owling said:

Can't believe he's still at Peterborough, contract expires in 6 months, get a cheeky bid in.

Peterborough chairman has said he won’t sell in January as the money they will get for promotion will be more than they will get for Maddison in January. Also hopes Maddison will sign a new deal if they go up

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Peterborough chairman has said he won’t sell in January as the money they will get for promotion will be more than they will get for Maddison in January. Also hopes Maddison will sign a new deal if they go up

Someone would have to meet the 2.5m buy out clause then.

Sign him up . Our corners will improve if nothing else.

• Haha 1

We will need a new centre half because one we have is signing for a top 6 Premier League club in January. 

Just now, vulva said:

We will need a new centre half because one we have is signing for a top 6 Premier League club in January. 

Fookoff they can't have Thorniley. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

Iorfa? Doubt it. 

Apparently we’ve been monitoring one of Oxford’s players, Tariqe Fosu

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Thought he looked a decent player against City last week 

Just now, oldishowl said:

Thought he looked a decent player against City last week 

Didn’t see that game, and to be honest, other than him being considered one of their better players, I don’t know much about him Actually thought he was a striker, but apparently not Went for a Christmas drink today, and most of the guys are Oxford fans, and they’re really worried he will leave

Seemed to play as an attacking midfielder but might have been playing wide 

On 19/12/2019 at 21:50, vulva said:

Van Aken is on a season long loan already 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said: