Five live now

I think the correspondent said something along the lines of, Huddersfield in their relegation season got £90 million from the PL before they took a penny in income from ticket sales, hospitality etc.

In that same season, Leeds' total income was £40 million.

Decent report really on 5Live starting from just after 5pm. Lots on Wednesday with interviews from fans and also the Athletic’s Wednesday writer.

No real suggestions on the best way forward though. Just that it’s all going to blow up in the Championship at some point, and it will.

6 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Hits the nail on the head about being ‘numb’ walking into Hillsborough at present

It’s completely drained emotion out of it, we don’t know what we are cheering for

Do we need the 3 points to go up, stay up, WTF is happening

It has all gone rather stale hasn’t it.  And despite us being close to the playoffs, I’ve certainly been paying a lot more attention to what’s happening to the clubs around the relegation zone in the past few weeks since the EFL charge was announced.

I don’t think you can blame that general feeling of apathy just on FFP though.  Many factors play a part;

The obscene POTD prices.

The lack of stability with multiple manager changes in the last couple of years.

Lack of direction from the top of the club.

Not releasing accounts until they’re months overdue, created quite a lot of uncertainty and resulted in an embargo.

Bizarre stories coming out of the club about player’s wages been paid incorrectly.

£90 for fans to buy a club membership card debacle.

Club rejecting BBC Radio Sheffield commentary deal fiasco.

Supporters not given a voice as fans forums have been done away with.

Etc etc...

If we were putting together a convincing run of wins in the league and were well ran off the pitch, the atmosphere would be unreal on a matchday and the ground would be fuller.

FFP has been a real thorn in our side but we’ve become experts in shooting ourselves in the foot.

12 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

It has all gone rather stale hasn’t it.  And despite us being close to the playoffs, I’ve certainly been paying a lot more attention to what’s happening to the clubs around the relegation zone in the past few weeks since the EFL charge was announced.

I don’t think you can blame that general feeling of apathy just on FFP though.  Many factors play a part;

The obscene POTD prices.

The lack of stability with multiple manager changes in the last couple of years.

Lack of direction from the top of the club.

Not releasing accounts until they’re months overdue, created quite a lot of uncertainty and resulted in an embargo.

Bizarre stories coming out of the club about player’s wages been paid incorrectly.

£90 for fans to buy a club membership card debacle.

Club rejecting BBC Radio Sheffield commentary deal fiasco.

Supporters not given a voice as fans forums have been done away with.

Etc etc...

If we were putting together a convincing run of wins in the league and were well ran off the pitch, the atmosphere would be unreal on a matchday and the ground would be fuller.

FFP has been a real thorn in our side but we’ve become experts in shooting ourselves in the foot.

You forgot the Red Teapot ...

Hes done for me for that ..

Mans an idiot..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bobness said:

It's incredible how mismanaged they are!

:Chansiri:

Saw something last year in here about their accounts iirc the average gate price was around £7. Adults paying kids prices will kill you in the end.

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Saw something last year in here about their accounts iirc the average gate price was around £7. Adults paying kids prices will kill you in the end.

Amateur hour from the Blades.

They need look no further than up the road to see a ticket pricing model that works!

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

That Wigan chairman made me laugh, bleating about salary caps and the precarious nature of the game put to risk by gambling chairmen. 

Weren’t Wigan the team bankrolled out of League 1 by Dave Whelan (broke his leg in the cup final, you know) paying huge salaries and transfer fees along the way? 

21 hours ago, vulva said:

That Wigan chairman made me laugh, bleating about salary caps and the precarious nature of the game put to risk by gambling chairmen. 

Weren’t Wigan the team bankrolled out of League 1 by Dave Whelan (broke his leg in the cup final, you know) paying huge salaries and transfer fees along the way? 

I do think the suggestion of a salary cap in the Championship is a good one, but it should go hand in hand with the end of parachute payments.

It would kill many birds with one stone.