A League of Gamblers?

Very Interesting.

Personally I don't think we are too far off a Premier League 2.

Clubs like ours are not going to continue to be held back / sanctioned by the EFL, when you see other clubs of similar stature allowed to spend and do what they wish, just because they are governed by a different body (Premier League). This isn't a 'we are SWFC and we are massive' rant, it's a true reflection on us and at least 20 clubs who all see them selves as potential Premier League clubs, form Sunderland, Coventry, Ipswich.. to Forest, Derby, Brum etc.

However, a Premier League two, will be the death of the EFL.  So its a double edged sword.

The Prem is the pot of gold, what do they expect the teams in the league below that to do... they’re going to risk it all. 

If Man City can attempt to buy a title, everyone else should be allowed too. 

The Prem has no morals, but the EFL is holding on to some old school ones

EDIT: ....when everyone with eyes knows that football has changed. 

Edited by Kopparberg
  • Like 2

There are plenty of clubs in the Championship that are a far better commercial prospect than your Brightons and Bournemouths.  L**ds, West Brom, Forest, Derby, Us, would all have more following etc etc. Everyone knows what the problem is - the differential in financial clout. Until that is addressed English football will continue to decline. We're going towards the Scottish model where acouple of clubs dominate and everyone else makes up the numbers.

27 minutes ago, 442 said:

Brighton haven’t made a profit since been in the premier league.

I’m not sold it’s the pot of gold everyone seems to think.

Yes they have. They made a profit of 11m in 2018 and a loss of 21m in 2019. And this is with a net spend of 67m on players last season and another 59m this season...and currently sit mid table. 

I know where I'd rather be.