Well done Monk

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I see the "Saving for Forest" thingy...But 3 points were there at Derby....Take 'em..and worry about Forest when we play 'em

But they would have been there, it was the refs hollox decision that cost us not Monk not really.

7 minutes ago, Mat-Owl said:

But they would have been there, it was the refs hollox decision that cost us not Monk not really.

Nope don't agree, they looked like scoring without doing anything remotely like good football, dodgy ref don't count.

We gave it away pure and simple

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So it was nothing like a bye, all clubs now use a squad system and sometimes clubs get injuries (SWFC last season).  Down to the manager  to utilise the squad in the best possible way. They didn't we did. 

It’s exactly what monk is trying to do now but yet people are still asking why he subbed fletcher off. The point remains that the team we had then wasn’t good enough and hasn’t got any better yet we are expecting them to challenge for promotion.

The only reason we are even in the hunt is because the league in general is of a poorer standard and the top 10 teams are all very similar so we will have frustrating performances and give away points easily because quite simply we are not a particularly good team.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Nope don't agree, they looked like scoring without doing anything remotely like good football, dodgy ref don't count.

We gave it away pure and simple

But they didn't? They scored from a penalty that was wrongly given

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

It’s exactly what monk is trying to do now but yet people are still asking why he subbed fletcher off. The point remains that the team we had then wasn’t good enough and hasn’t got any better yet we are expecting them to challenge for promotion.

The only reason we are even in the hunt is because the league in general is of a poorer standard and the top 10 teams are all very similar so we will have frustrating performances and give away points easily because quite simply we are not a particularly good team.

Agree

18 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Our city neighbours would have won that 2-0 last season no doubt.

Interesting you say that.

I know you don’t mean just because of their formation but the way we are defending late in games I think there is an argument for us bringing another centre half on and going 3/5 at the back.

We panic a bit under pressure late on and we need to make sure we are more solid when the opposition start throwing more attackers on and more balls into the box.

They brought two good forwards on last night and we didn’t change so we’re one on one at the back.

This was why I wouldn’t have made the Harris change unless he was injured. 
I would have saved it and brought Börner on , after about 70 mins.

I realise I am in the minority here , some think he is too negative already

6 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Eh? We had em by the short and curlies 1st half...against a very good derby home side...according to some.

Yet the second half we went to a lower mid table side..against an even lower mid table side.

How come?

lets start with the subs . fletcher was tired and had a knock also we play Saturday and unless you want the donkey up front on his own(this Saturday)he had to come off. harris again same reasons as fletcher why he came off , its the options what monk has whats the problem . nuhiu don't seem interested never mind ability, murphy has been an awful loan signing but we including me thought he was a good loan signing at the time ,I don't know how he gets paid to be a footballer , Rhodes he has given him a go but that's purely cause the options are so poor. until monk is given chance to change the squad in jan or next summer he can only do his best with what he has, we can criticise him for not playing forestieri past 2 months but we know why now. if we can by magic in January send murphy back pack off nuhiu Rhodes winnall forestieri and bring in 3-4 better players who want to play for shirt then lets do it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

lets start with the subs . fletcher was tired and had a knock also we play Saturday and unless you want the donkey up front on his own(this Saturday)he had to come off. harris again same reasons as fletcher why he came off , its the options what monk has whats the problem . nuhiu don't seem interested never mind ability, murphy has been an awful loan signing but we including me thought he was a good loan signing at the time ,I don't know how he gets paid to be a footballer , Rhodes he has given him a go but that's purely cause the options are so poor. until monk is given chance to change the squad in jan or next summer he can only do his best with what he has, we can criticise him for not playing forestieri past 2 months but we know why now. if we can by magic in January send murphy back pack off nuhiu Rhodes winnall forestieri and bring in 3-4 better players who want to play for shirt then lets do it. 

To be fair to nuhiu he likes the ball to feet and is not the type to run the channels, athleticism is not an attribute of his. All we did was pelt it at his head or in front of him.

10 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I’ve nothing against who he brought on but it’s who he took off that’s the problem. 

Murphy for Rhodes allows us to put a pact player (Murphy or Harris) up top with fletch to try and scare them back a bit and worry about pace of counter attack. 

Luongo for Bannan is fine, Bannan when we control game is a master, when we’re under the cosh he’s like an air traffic controller. Pointing and screaming but no idea what purpose he’s actually serving. 

Number 1 Owlstalk rule. Never slag Bannan off!!

F988937D-5A99-4BF4-9A04-6B105C6BE943.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Eh? We had em by the short and curlies 1st half...against a very good derby home side...according to some.

Yet the second half we went to a lower mid table side..against an even lower mid table side.

How come?

Sums it up perfectly. Good teams are consistently good. We aren’t.

We played well to start with but can’t maintain it and press home that advantage when required. We have struggled to get that second killer goal all season.

They were the other way round, not good enough to play at home and be dominant from the off but good enough to ride the storm and then press forward and scrape an equaliser second half (even though they didn’t play particularly well)

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

So its not monks fault..yet he puts dave on (donkey according to you)

Puts murphy on (awful signing according to you)

Not playing fessi...but playing him ..but we know the reasons now ?

He gave rhodes a go...like why not, he was okayish first half....in fact a world beater compared how we set up 2nd half.

Nothing at all wrong with the first half, except lack of goals.

2nd half pure shyte set up and tactics to hang on...even before subs were made

40 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Never said we are good, just better than derby..and we were miles better...except for a brainstorm at half-time

Exactly, but we aren’t good enough/composed enough/mentally strong enough however you want to see it to put the game out of sight when we are the better team.

You can play as well as you want but you are always at risk with a 1 goal lead.

46 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

So its not monks fault..yet he puts dave on (donkey according to you)

Puts murphy on (awful signing according to you)

Not playing fessi...but playing him ..but we know the reasons now ?

He gave rhodes a go...like why not, he was okayish first half....in fact a world beater compared how we set up 2nd half.

Nothing at all wrong with the first half, except lack of goals.

2nd half pure shyte set up and tactics to hang on...even before subs were made

regards murphy I thought he was a cracking loan signing ,but I aint spoke to 1 supporter what has a good thing to say about him. regards nuhiu he just don't look bothered at min maybe im wrong but monk hauled him off at half time on Saturday for been uninterested , came on at derby and continued he might suddenly up his game once he is trying to earn a new deal like 2 years ago. and regards fessi everyone knows he likes his xmas with his family while we continue to pay him 30-35k a week for doing nothing for 2 years .where would we be without fletcher this season? if gets injured we wont win another game unless we get new strikers in January.