Well done Monk

Im finding to weird that I just cant take to Monk yet we are only 2 points off 3rd place.

We were in control in the 1st half then god knows what he said at half time it was so lacklustre in the 2nd compared to the 1st...the subbing of fletch who was our only threat did me in, so much that if he was to walk tonight i wudnt give afuck.

Negative manager that is becoming very annoying and predictable.

You'd think the penny would drop and it would dawn upon someone that we are not very good at seeing close games out. 

Time and time again we go a goal up, then sit back and make a stupid mistake which leads to us dropping points. 

Why oh why do we not try and kill teams off? 

Is it that hard to get a 2 goal lead and then try and see the game out?

It is utterly infuriating. 

Edited by SiJ

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You'd think the penny would drop and it would dawn upon someone that we are not very good at seeing close games out. 

Time and time again we go a goal up, then sit back and make a stupid mistake which leads to us dropping points. 

Why oh why do we not try and kill teams off? 

Is it that hard to get a 2 goal lead and then try and see the game out?

It is utterly infuriating. 

Monk prob said at HT dont attack as much as you were in the first half bcz you will get cought out....then taking fletcher off and putting on a midfield player to shut the shop was like a red cloth to a bull for Derby .

Total joke .

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Monk prob said at HT dont attack as much as you were in the first half bcz you will get cought out....then taking fletcher off and putting on a midfield player to shut the shop was like a red cloth to a bull for Derby .

Total joke .

It wasn't great. 

Meant that we were no longer putting any pressure on the Derby back four, as we ended up playing a 4-5-1. 

Tbf, the options from the bench are really limited. 

I don't think Monk is a bad manager and he is doing a decent enough job...but there is no getting away from the fact that time after time we are dropping points. 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Maybe I missed it but Harris didn't look at all injured to me?

Agree, he looked as surprised and disappointed as I did by the change. 

Derby didn't play well 2nd half but they were at least getting closer to us and stopping us from playing. Didn't expect Murphy to have any impact on that sort of game, he almost looks as if he expects to get hurt before he receives the ball at times.

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Win award for most shocking sub change of the season 

Derby worst team I've seen this season,never looked like scoring ,Dawson could have gone to sleep

Monk brings a midfielder on for our best striker and leaves wardrobe on his own upfront ,to defend a 1 nil lead 

Shocking decision 

Not monk tonight its mug 

Carlos got pelted for running players into the ground. Now you're saying Monk should do the same??

He has a very poor bench to work with at the moment. Murphy getting minutes over Lee and Luongo is very odd though.

34 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If it wasn’t for the Ref we we would have seen the game out

then all the bedwetters would have said nowt 

fine margins an all that 

But we didnt just like cardiff, swansea, Blackburn, WBA, and now tonight.

11 points lost.

44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It wasn't great. 

Meant that we were no longer putting any pressure on the Derby back four, as we ended up playing a 4-5-1. 

Tbf, the options from the bench are really limited. 

I don't think Monk is a bad manager and he is doing a decent enough job...but there is no getting away from the fact that time after time we are dropping points. 

and time after time it's down to individual mistakes, not tactics.

7 hours ago, erowl said:

The subs he made were negative ... Has he not learnt that we're vulnerable to conceding late goals this season?

That's why we rarely nail a team to the carpet and our wins are very often by the odd goal.

Who would you have brought on for Fletcher, given that he looked like he'd picked up a knock?

Fine lines coz your always vulnerable at 1-0 but getting caught out going for second is equally  galling ..   the buzz  phrase these days is seeing games out when your winning but the best way to do that seems open to debate ....I prefer the attacking option but seen as we've won 9 by narrow margins and only failed to see out 4 games I guess the manager as  to weigh up what's best .

One nil always edgy.

But for Odubajo’s foolish clumsy act and the ref’s incorrect decision we’d be delighted with a very handsome away performance against a team with a superb home record.

Yet again, one incident of individual naivety lets us down

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Fletcher took a knock in the first half and was blowing out of his arse. He had to come off.

Fletcher coming off didn’t change the game, the referee awarding a nonsense penalty did. 

Fletcher has to lead the line again 60 hours after being subbed. 

I’m sure Monk wanted to keep him on, and risked him as long as he felt he could.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hugeowl said:

If it wasn’t for the Ref we we would have seen the game out

then all the bedwetters would have said nowt 

fine margins an all that 

Bedwetters? Is that put down the opposite of clappers?

See the game out like we did against WBA? Or Swansea? Or Blackburn and Cardiff?

Monk has a bad habit of dropping the team back towards it's own goal trying to hang on and we're not very good at it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Yep - effort wise we’re fine, we’re just that 10% short on quality and decision making... which may be influencing Monks tactics. 

Hooper never replaced and FF never features for one reason or another. Big dent in any side losing this sort of quality that an be added to the mix in the final third.