Odubajo

*bangs head against brick wall*

My point is to keep playing our best CB (Iorfa) in his best position.

If that means Lee's or Borner have to sit it out then so be it.

Palmer comes in because I think he is a better fb than Moses and Iorfa is doing too good of a job to move him elsewhere. 

Is that so hard to understand? 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

*bangs head against brick wall*

My point is to keep playing our best CB (Iorfa) in his best position.

If that means Lee's or Borner have to sit it out then so be it.

Palmer comes in because I think he is a better fb than Moses and Iorfa is doing too good of a job to move him elsewhere. 

Is that so hard to understand? 

It’s impossible to understand when the far superior back 4 doesn’t include Palmer!

Let me know if you need any assistance with banging your head on a wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

He's the best CH we have, and get's better all the time.

We can either build a defence around him, or sell him for big money.

But yeah... Let's disrupt his development by shuffling him off to RB. Bizarre...

Yeah, but that means you think Palmer is the second coming of Roberto Carlos. 

To be fair Palmer has come on loads the last season and half. He's still prone to switching off but is a solid defender and very pacey as well. Im yet to see this pace Odubajo has, seems to get beat to the ball most of the time. Murphy is the same, we must have some of the slowest so called pace men ever. 

To be honest the tackle at the start of the half when he tried to block a cross looked like a pen. Dribbling as the last man is one of his go to moves as well. He looks like a winger playing full back. 

I always have a problem when a defender’s first instinct is not to clear the ball. As a defender you get in a position to clear the ball or  make a tackle.

If you then realise you have time you might be able to bring it under control or shield it out.

Odubajo does the opposite.

Tries to shield it, get his body in, do a little dance then it seems to dawn on him he ought to be clearing the ball.

By which time of course it is often too late

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I always have a problem when a defender’s first instinct is not to clear the ball. As a defender you get in a position to clear the ball or  make a tackle.

If you then realise you have time you might be able to bring it under control or shield it out.

Odubajo does the opposite.

Tries to shield it, get his body in, do a little dance then it seems to dawn on him he ought to be clearing the ball.

By which time of course it is often too late

Its what struck me in his fist game or two...took the time to chest it down, looks impressive...until he hasn't got the time

16 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Clueless fans

Same fans despise Palmer and also want to move Iorfa back to RB despite him having an absolute stormer at CB and now being touted for a 15m plus move - yeah let’s shift him out to RB......stupid.

Not really, it's a way to fit him, Lees and Boner in and stop conceding goals.

Stupid is persisting with a back four which keeps giving 3 points away.

Stupid is calling others who clearly have a higher IQ, stupid....

Only joshing I'm sure your IQ is 3.1415927

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Palmer is starting to go back to his old habits and needs to practise his crossing.

He does what it says on the tin tho, for the most part.

Theres nowt wrong with having a matter of fact defender...Iorfa likes to bomb forward..Borner has done it..Moses likes to keep the ball at times rather than get rid...

Theres a time and a place for it...Its certainly not the last 10 when you are 1 up.

I am a big fan of wingbacks rather than old fashioned defensive fullbacks as I think it gives you much more options throughout the rest of the team, even to the extent that I can forgive the odd mistake at the back if the wingback is creating when we are attacking.

Was really hoping that Odubaju would would fit the right wing back role. However he just seems to totally switch off defensively and he has cost us a lot of points this season. Also he is not providing enough in an attacking sense to make up for these mistakes.

Dont think Palmer is very good as a wing back but he can hold his own defensively, so reluctantly I would go with Palmer.

Iorfa is the best right wingback we have but he isn't top class, where as he is our best central defender and so far this season has been outstanding. We will have to sell him probably sooner rather than later so I would keep him at central defence where I think we will command a much higher transfer fee.

7 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

I am a big fan of wingbacks rather than old fashioned defensive fullbacks as I think it gives you much more options throughout the rest of the team, even to the extent that I can forgive the odd mistake at the back if the wingback is creating when we are attacking.

Was really hoping that Odubaju would would fit the right wing back role. However he just seems to totally switch off defensively and he has cost us a lot of points this season. Also he is not providing enough in an attacking sense to make up for these mistakes.

Dont think Palmer is very good as a wing back but he can hold his own defensively, so reluctantly I would go with Palmer.

Iorfa is the best right wingback we have but he isn't top class, where as he is our best central defender and so far this season has been outstanding. We will have to sell him probably sooner rather than later so I would keep him at central defence where I think we will command a much higher transfer fee.

Plus we can’t consider wing backs all the while we persist in playing two wingers