Derby - V - Wednesday OMDT

Nuhiu as sub,. can sometimes change games by holding it up with his feet.... But he's f**ked if if monk thinks he can flick it on with his head!!!!,.... with no other player alongside with a lofted ball.... It's almost like expecting santa to come down the chimney and eat all your mince pies......it's just  not going to happen! 

34 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What does my head in is we should have won that game. 

Only team in it first half. 

And yet you just knew that we wouldn't go and get the second; that we'd be happy to try and grind out a 1-0 win and then wee wee tail it up towards the end. 

We never, ever learn. 

I get what you mean but it’s not like we don’t try to score more goals, we’re just not very good at creating chances.  Even when comfortably in control during 1st half we didn’t really create a lot.  I would have been happy enough to go one up front late on if we had the right player to play that role, but without Fletcher we are totally lacking in that respect.

Standard Wednesday that we’ve seen so many times this season. Don’t kill a game off when on  top and get punished. 

Shambolic decision from the referee for the penalty mind you. 

Thought we lost our way when Rhodes came off and more so with Fletcher. Nuhiu  and Murphy woeful when they came on 

59 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

Standard Wednesday that we’ve seen so many times this season. Don’t kill a game off when on  top and get punished. 

Thought we lost our way when Rhodes came off and more so with Fletcher. Nuhiu  and Murphy woeful when they came on 

Absolutely this. 

Thought we might be able to go on and make up for all the times when the hoodoo has struck before (Keogh the acting keeper is but one example). But you just knew what was going to happen when it was 1-0 and they brought on players  who were going to influence their team performance. We would be under pressure in our own half for the remainder of the game. 

It's getting very wearing :angry:

17 hours ago, alanharper said:
Today's Ref Watch - Stephen Martin 

Sounds like a comedian but we won our last game that he reffed us in 2-0 at Bolton which ended a run of 3 straight losses under him but our record before that was decent, overall we've won 6, drawn 2 and lost 4. No real shocking decisions spring to mind, we had a Hooper onside goal disallowed for offside at Birmingham but that's the lino at fault.

Therefore he ranks a lowly (which is good) 2/10 on the GeorgeCourtneyometer

Hands up, I jinxed him / us.

s-l300.jpg

Definitely added a few points to the GeorgeCourtneyometer with that penalty, but then we're always on the wrong end of appalling penalty decisions at bloody Derby.

12 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Another kick in the guts.. just keep on keeping on.. what else can you do?

We keep getting kicked in the guts but we are still hanging in there. I'd have taken a point before the game. If we ever get over this habit of throwing away points we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Monk has done well overall, he's not had a transfer window yet to bring in his own players. He's working with a squad that has failed miserably for the last 2 years and made us very hard to beat. If we don't get docked points we will be in the play offs this year with just a little bit of luck.

I'm optimistic despite the annoying habit of throwing away points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Put yourself in GM’s shoes. One up for an hour, Derby no shots on target. Make subs, save main striker for weekend.

Shut game down for last 10 mins.

Right idea. Players let him down.

His subs weren't great, but he must be doing his nut in at our inability to properly manage games and see them out. 

By my reckoning that has to be the fourth, fifth? time we've managed to throw away points in the latter stages of games

2 hours ago, LoadABallacks said:

Rhodes was doing nothing. Our biggest problem is our lack of options up top. 

1 minute ago, sheffwed1 said:

Rhodes was doing nothing. Our biggest problem is our lack of options up top. 

There's no pace or trickery. 

I mean...there would be if Nando was fit, but he never is so. 

A quick striker alongside Fletcher and I'd fancy our chances against most.