Derby - V - Wednesday OMDT

Very disappointing after a very promising first half - we handed the initiative to Derby, who are the worst I've seen them for several years.

A big opportunity missed tonight, and whilst it's hard to blame the subs as we looked of the pace when Rhodes went off - it's hard to see taking Fletch off and replacing with a midfielder is a positive move - simply invited pressure on to a tiring team. 

Same owd.

Substitutions cost us the points. I give Monk the benefit of the doubt as Rhodes looked knackered and Fletcher maybe needed managing. If tactical, was a monumental error.

We were effectively left with nothing up front and defence v attack for 20 minutes, leading to the inevitable. I didn't think it was a penalty, but it was given so no point moaning.

Tonight does highlight how desperately we need attacking reinforcements. 

Ref cost us

Sky said we should have a penalty first half and theirs wasn't. He gave us very little all game. For the first 40 minutes or so of the first half we'd committed one foul for which Reach got the yellow. What about the elbow Fletcher got in the head wasn't even a yellow?

• Like 1

Usual Wednesday -  dominate and go in front, take the foot off the gas or don’t expect the other team to get a bollocking and yo their game, and  end up hanging on. 

not helped by threads stating “if we win....”, which totally jinxed us.  I blame the second half performance on this mindless delusional thinking that Wednesday will take advantage of a situation.