Team for Derby

7 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Cant see a thread already so ill start one, what would you play on Wednesday night ??

Dawson

Odubajo Iorfa Borner Fox

Murphy Hutchinson Luongo Harris

Rhodes Fletcher

Just swap Palmer for Odubajo and I would go with that.

Rhodes did enough in the second half on Saturday to deserve a start.

Tom Lees looked very uncertain and a lot of his passes were risky to say the least.

Can’t see Monk dropping Bannan if he’s fit though.

39 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Just swap Palmer for Odubajo and I would go with that.

Rhodes did enough in the second half on Saturday to deserve a start.

Tom Lees looked very uncertain and a lot of his passes were risky to say the least.

Can’t see Monk dropping Bannan if he’s fit though.

Agree with that, although I can’t believe we might be lining up with a Fletcher/Jordan Rhodes partnership It could be quite effective against Derby, but it seems a bit old school, and a bit out of step with the way football heading. Lacks a bit of sophistication, will likely struggle against the better sides

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Cant see a thread already so ill start one, what would you play on Wednesday night ??

Dawson

Odubajo Iorfa Borner Fox

Murphy Hutchinson Luongo Harris

Rhodes Fletcher

I don’t mind Rhodes being in the side for a change. Instead of Big Dave lumbering around for 60 minutes we can watch Rhodes flapping around like a fish out of water...can’t decide which one would be the best for entertainment value or effectiveness! I’m sure Rhodes will score a goal or two at some point, I just wish he would run like a footballer rather than a ballet/belly dancer....Reyt puts me abaht!:duntmatter:

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree with that, although I can’t believe we might be lining up with a Fletcher/Jordan Rhodes partnership It could be quite effective against Derby, but it seems a bit old school, and a bit out of step with the way football heading. Lacks a bit of sophistication, will likely struggle against the better sides

Get you point completely but there aren’t many options at present with Forestieri injured. Bit more sophisticated than Fletcher/Nuhiu but will it be effective?

19 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Get you point completely but there aren’t many options at present with Forestieri injured. Bit more sophisticated than Fletcher/Nuhiu but will it be effective?

Yeah I suppose The Fletcher/Nuhiu combo, has proven to be effective against some clubs, so kudos for Monk for trying it. If we are wanting to play 4-4-2, then I’m not adverse to giving Rhodes another go, but I hope this isn’t going to be the way forward

Derby tend to play 4-2-3-1. Therefore would play 4-3-3 with a marker and a sweeper. Fullbacks staying at home and narrow. CDM to cancel out Derby CAM and 3 forwards to stop Derby full-backs joining the attack. For these tactics: 

Dawson

Palmer. Iorfa. Lees. Fox

Lee. Hutch. Luongo

Murphy. Fletch. Harris

(assuming Fessi out. If not swap for Murphy!