Saturday 7th December 1974

I was at the back of the Kop on the south stand side. Luckily we were able to avoid any trouble but it was absolute carnage down in the corner if front of us. Thank goodness that the trouble didn't result in any really serious injuries or worse, because it was one of the most memorable games I have ever seen.

To this day I still think if the club had signed McMordie and kept Tommo we would have stayed up.

2 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

Mi dad wouldn't let me go! He did though. :angry: 

Think it was this game that green un or Star had a picture of a group of Wednesday fans on kop surrounding by man u fans on front page, I've got it at home in loft. My old man said he'd took his glasses off tray for the incoming trouble

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Especially as we'd hit 3 v Notts County and York just a few weeks before!

said this many times ….we went from a team fighting relegation to a team that was doomed when we sold tommy craig the week after the man utd game …..

Was in the bottom corner of the Kop with my mates from the pit..absolute carnage..got punched by a man u supporter and went down..all I can remember is this bigfuckin man u fan stood over me and I'm thinking it's curtains then he miraculously disappeared... "get up son " said this 40 odd year old steelworker with steel tipped boots " there's more of them fookers to drop "  :laugh:

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Was in the bottom corner of the Kop with my mates from the pit..absolute carnage..got punched by a man u supporter and went down..all I can remember is this bigfuckin man u fan stood over me and I'm thinking it's curtains then he miraculously disappeared... "get up son " said this 40 odd year old steelworker with steel tipped boots " there's more of them fookers to drop "  :laugh:

good man davey ….I was on the front row of the north down the kop end rooting for you gallant lads and pointing with some intent at the Lancashire hordes .

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

good man davey ….I was on the front row of the north down the kop end rooting for you gallant lads and pointing with some intent at the Lancashire hordes .

We tried to keep schtum all 90 minutes but kept going bananas every time we scored! Got plenty of dirty looks from the Manure fans but luckily didn't get attacked.