Matt Penney

5 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Yeah it's a real weapon!? Time and space to cross, invariably hits first man...not good enough

Did you watch the last game? I think he put in 3/4 balls where the defenders were panicking like mad and on the stretch. I was even debating putting a thread up about how our left hand side seems to pepper the opposition with crosses, aided by Harris' ability to go inside or out and fashion half chances while Fox repeatedly puts in deliveries that leave defenders scrambling. Am I the only one that sees it like this?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Did you watch the last game? I think he put in 3/4 balls where the defenders were panicking like mad and on the stretch. I was even debating putting a thread up about how our left hand side seems to pepper the opposition with crosses, aided by Harris' ability to go inside or out and fashion half chances while Fox repeatedly puts in deliveries that leave defenders scrambling. Am I the only one that sees it like this?

Yes he's rubbish going forward

13 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

No, and the stats back it up too.

Fox puts far more crosses in per game than either Palmer or Odubajo (probably combined too).

I do find the people who dislike Fox a little weird. He is possibly one of the top 3 crosser of the ball in the team, certainly the best of the full backs.

Also, could somebody explain to me why everyone adores Reda yet dislikes Fox? Apart from Reda's goal scoring record, what does or did he have over Fox? Certainly not ability, that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I do find the people who dislike Fox a little weird. He is possibly one of the top 3 crosser of the ball in the team, certainly the best of the full backs.

Also, could somebody explain to me why everyone adores Reda yet dislikes Fox? Apart from Reda's goal scoring record, what does or did he have over Fox? Certainly not ability, that's for sure.

You can’t take out his key attribute and then say...what else...that’s like saying Take out Fox’s crossing and what else..

On 11/12/2019 at 10:48, StudentOwl said:

Our left hand side is a thing of beauty at times with Bannan, Fox & Harris playing in triangles being almost unplayable. Pace, creativity and power.

If our right hand side was anywhere near as potent we’d be in the top two. 

On 11/12/2019 at 22:45, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Apart from his goalscoring is a pretty big apart from though isn’t it

his sheer presence and ferocity of tackles were also a mile better than Fox

So apart from his defending and attacking.....not a lot!

On 11/12/2019 at 08:48, StudentOwl said:

I genuinely think Owlstalk has something against full backs

On 11/12/2019 at 22:45, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Nothing wrong with Fox, all the crap he has had on here and has turned out to be a good player for us. Steady player, reads the game does his job well. Does seem like some of us just always have to have 1 player to criticise and just won't give them a chance.

On 12/12/2019 at 09:26, billyblack said:

No thanks.

Fox LWB and bring back Penney for option.

I actually think Odubajo would make better WB than FB.

On 11/12/2019 at 22:36, cowl said:

No, and the stats back it up too.

Fox puts far more crosses in per game than either Palmer or Odubajo (probably combined too).

Talking of stats have a look at fox's win ratio...beyond belief