Brentford Reaction

One of them pretty teams, pass it all nice and chuck full backs forward and tell everyone they’re a rate good team yet can’t do the basics of defending a long ball and look down their noses at teams who dare to hit the ball to a strikers head. 

All in all I think we deserved to win. In terms of chances created we had 3/4 very good chances and I’m sure Fletcher would be disappointed he didn’t add to those 2 goals yesterday. 

• Like 1

We weren't at it in the first half.

But for all that I never felt particularly worried that they were going to do anything despite their little give and goes.

Second half we got things together a bit more.  Put them under.

I didn't doubt we'd come back. 

Last 5 or 6 minutes were a bit backs to the wall, but that's been the case all season. 

Don't really see what the Bees have to mump about.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Animis said:

9 million catchment area, moping up Chelsea's young uns. If they existed in the west midlands or the North they'd be a Walsall or Hartlepool.

That 9 million figure is very misleading. London is huge but how many football clubs do they compete with? There are Fulham, Chelsea and QPR in West London alone. 

For me Brentford are the exemplary, sustainable football club. Buying young players, selling for a profit, steadily improving against a long term strategy. With the new ground on the way I think they could be a good bet for promotion in the next couple of years. I would love for us to be more like them. 

• Like 1

Considering they won 7-0 last week, I thought they'd have been more clinical with their finishing.

Yes, Brentford were better first half. But when we get the ball down and play it, we're better than most teams in this division.  

Thought we just about deserved it, but we did our best to throw it away again in the last 5 minutes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

For me Brentford are the exemplary, sustainable football club. Buying young players, selling for a profit, steadily improving against a long term strategy. With the new ground on the way I think they could be a good bet for promotion in the next couple of years. I would love for us to be more like them. 

Bloody ell, you think selling best players is the road to success. Brentford are a well ran 3rd div team, always have been always will be.

If we were more like brentford our gates would be 8k.

• Like 1