northeastowl

Strange Piece in The Sun

32 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Pretty sure it runs a 12 month Jan - Dec period, if he was here a lot during the closed season sorting out the clubs affairs then may have used up his allowance for 2919 if that makes sense ? 

he was here last xmas with his family as I spoke to him at side of ticket office . none of us know his reasons , yes he needed to be here in the summer for obvious reasons but ive seen him or my friend has sat in his usual seat and only usually is missing during season for a odd 1-2 games 2-3 times a season. maybe he is losing interest ? . I don't thing its a visa issue as he has been here 4-5 years and he has probably been to 80-90% of games as well as been here a lot during close season. but we are all guessing. 

evidently bloke who runs  it on hols for a week

.32031487124_624036a4ed_n.jpg.e5c69f7779d680778a7a93c80c0c3b60.jpg

Edited by daleblue

Surely the worrying question is which of our players earning more than 17k a month reads the Sun? 

Only paper I would buy is the Sun. Easy to read, good for football, fairly cheap. Can get more highbrow stuff from other sources. Really don’t get the snobbery on here. 

37 minutes ago, vulva said:

Only paper I would buy is the Sun. Easy to read, good for football, fairly cheap. Can get more highbrow stuff from other sources. Really don’t get the snobbery on here. 

We will all be reading the Daily Star if that crackpot gets in on Thursday 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

We will all be reading the Daily Star if that crackpot gets in on Thursday 

Which one? Corbyn or Swinson? :unsure:

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I always buy the Saturday edition.

I get a good TV guide and a good footy section to see who playing who.

You take most of the "news" stories stories with a pinch of salt, but most have a ring of truth to them.....

9 hours ago, vulva said:

Far more reliable sources of football news online without paying the Scum for the privilege. 

Ladybird books for under 5's are easy to read and will probably give you more facts than that rag.

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Far more reliable sources of football news online without paying the Scum for the privilege. 

Ladybird books for under 5's are easy to read and will probably give you more facts than that rag.

It’s a newspaper. Get a grip ffs. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

It’s a newspaper. Get a grip ffs. 

I think the point from most is some of the disgusting misleading stories they have printed over the years, that said so have most of them but the Sun without a doubt pulled some horrible stunts. 

tbf any news you want to read now is online before you pick one up anyhow. Each to their own though I guess. 

Maybe the trick is not to believe everything you read in the papers. If you approach it from that angle, you won’t get disappointed and the light reading will help pass an hour or so. 

28 minutes ago, vulva said:

Maybe the trick is not to believe everything you read in the papers. If you approach it from that angle, you won’t get disappointed and the light reading will help pass an hour or so. 

I can think of better ways of passing an hour or so than light-reading something I won't believe anyway about a bunch of 'celebrities' I couldn't care less about! :ph34r:

On 08/12/2019 at 08:48, Pablo Bonvin said:

Probably just the office girl forgetting to put the extra zero on everyone’s pay transfer amount on the online banking system. Easily done. 

We are probably still paying Abdi and Hirst Jr. :duntmatter:

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Whatever happened to the Daily Sport.

Excellent read.

Says the man who's scared of Bums .....:tango:

But did the players bother to look back in the accounts of november 2018 to see if they got paid the other half there?

DC's style nowadays apparently!

On 08/12/2019 at 18:07, handworth52 said:

he was here last xmas with his family as I spoke to him at side of ticket office . none of us know his reasons , yes he needed to be here in the summer for obvious reasons but ive seen him or my friend has sat in his usual seat and only usually is missing during season for a odd 1-2 games 2-3 times a season. maybe he is losing interest ? . I don't thing its a visa issue as he has been here 4-5 years and he has probably been to 80-90% of games as well as been here a lot during close season. but we are all guessing. 

Think the reason is he has planned that the EFL were going to try it on and wants to ensure he has plenty of days available to spend in the UK when needed for the hearings and any appeals. DC always thinking ahead you see.

4 hours ago, vulva said:

Maybe the trick is not to believe everything you read in the papers. If you approach it from that angle, you won’t get disappointed and the light reading will help pass a second or so.