Strange Piece in The Sun

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Biggest non story of the year

Absolutely agree, but look at the response on here already.   For that reason alone I think the club need to clarify things to shut people up.

Far too much negativity surrounding the club right now.   Too many things for rogues and mischief makers to grab hold of and to use to get their kicks.

How is it that we only make the news when something appears to have gone wrong. Any other time, we're an un-newsworthy club.

I was unable to attend yesterday, but was following on the Web site. I turned the evil eye ob for final score, and heard lots ofd ;non-news' and 'might have beens' from all the Premiership games. I was even able to follow Barnsley's failed attempt to win, I heard about the midday match several times, I even heard that  Brentford had scored seven last week against lowly Luton. What i didn't hear was that Brentford had gone ahead away to some club or other in the first half, but had been hit by 2 goals in three minutes, one even a penalty, but since they chose to ignore i presume it was uncontestable.

Is it that we are simply not on the Beeb's radar, or that we banned them from the ground. Smaller clubs, scrambling around mid-table in lower divisions often rate some poor, unknown Lady commentators, making their way up the ladder, seem to rate before a match between two clubs fighting for a position in the top 6 of the Championship.

Anyway...fingers crossed it was a blip and nothing more.

Appears we are very much in the basketcase category of clubs these days, so get prepared for more negative headlines whether genuine or not.

You know we are doing pretty well considering all the stuff going off. Does very much feel like us versus the world right now.