Strange Piece in The Sun

Maybe there's an account that has all the wages in it each month, that then pays the players. Someone forgot to transfer the right amount to the account on time. There was some money in there so they split what was in amongst everyone, hence 17k each, then the rest was paid when the full amount had cleared. 

Or maybe DC has had enough, is walking away, is out of money, is making a point, etc etc etc. 

Either way it's paid and hopefully won't happen again. If it does you can worry, if it dunt, don't. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

who knows it just could be a technicality ,if there where money issues then they wouldn't have got rest 2 days later. where is chansiri though? someone I know who sits very close to where he is says he aint seen him since maybe early September . 

Isn’t he only allowed to spend a certain number of days in the country or he need to work permit or visa or something, I’m pretty sure that’s the reason he’s no been there much .

4 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

It's probably an error from one of the finance team. Some right wittle arses on here!

Definitely.

No way are our financial issues so bad that we can't afford to pay the players.

Whoever leaked this from within the club obviously has an agenda.

• Thanks 1

In fairness at transfer window times, Nixon is one of the most reliable inside-info journos. I don’t think he has an axe to grind with the club at all but doubtless he has links with one or two of the players.

Terrible to think the lads might be a bit short over Christmas - or worse that DC needs some dosh. Wifey! Get some tins of tuna in!

Did this really need to make national news? Only reason it would have done is if a player or member of staff leaked it. Companies occasionally slip up in accounting, shit happens, no need to think we're going all Bolton or something for fuck's sake.

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Couple of months back, the Company I work for screwed up, and paid most of us for 3 weeks instead of 4.

Had to pay the week they owed a few days later.

Think Nixon missed that one. 

Why would someone from within the club leak it though ?

Unless they were unhappy ?