Strange Piece in The Sun

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

who knows it just could be a technicality ,if there where money issues then they wouldn't have got rest 2 days later. where is chansiri though? someone I know who sits very close to where he is says he aint seen him since maybe early September . 

Maybe the connection. He stays out the UK for tax reasons one would presume. I don't get involved in non domicile matters but transferring money to the UK can come at a cost. 

People forget that the operating losses of the Club are funded by DC. There will be instalments to make on transfer fees and what revenue is really being generated from the fans to cover any of this. The POTG sales in November would barely cover owt

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Missing salary payments always sets the alarm bells ringing.

Somewhere down the line something has gone wrong. I’m just hoping it’s one of the technical reasons rather than the liquidity reasons

I've never rated the Sun and am hoping they're just trying to create a story out of an innocent technical issue.

Maybe Diane Abbott has been employed as the wages clerk?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Didn't Villas previous Chairman have issues getting cash into the UK ?

Tony Xia? Think he had problems with cash full stop. Villa were about to go into administration before he sold them. Pretty sure he had a warrant out for his arrest in China too. 

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Is anyone else trying to get their head around seeing 17k on your monthly payslip and feeling disappointed.....

When you are expecting 50k though and the DDs going out on the 1st of December are 20k.

Ok it's not anything like the impact someone on 2k with a mortgage to pay being paid late, but human nature is no different. You will fret 

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

When you are expecting 50k though and the DDs going out on the 1st of December are 20k.

Ok it's not anything like the impact someone on 2k with a mortgage to pay being paid late, but human nature is no different. You will fret 

Really, I bet very few noticed.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Didn't Villas previous Chairman have issues getting cash into the UK ?

Yes though IIRC it was due to restrictions imposed by the native country on moving capital abroad. 

Probably that our accountants were busy with the EFL shizzle and overlooked the need to request cash in time

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Really, I bet very few noticed.

See I would disagree they may earn incredibly well and clearly can absorb the situation, or should be able to, their reaction will be no different to anyone else paid late. 

I worked in a place where we occasionally had to do this part pay as we awaited a client to pay us, my boss running from the building leaving me to tell staff. 

You are messing with that trust - thankfully this appears to have got rectified very quickly but you can bet they will be looking at December with interest

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yes though IIRC it was due to restrictions imposed by the native country on moving capital abroad. 

Probably that our accountants were busy with the EFL shizzle and overlooked the need to request cash in time

Hope so.

A bit of a schoolboy error though.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Hope so.

A bit of a schoolboy error though.

Who knows but the cashflow forecast relies on "money to be transferred by DC" and to keep raising £10m min per season must be a tough call