Strange Piece in The Sun

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

A bizarre thing to happen.

Could be totally innocent, could be very sinister.

How the hell did the media find out we haven't paid the players though ?

Guessing our Scottish players have links to Nixon. He does get a lot of rumours about us

10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

A bizarre thing to happen.

Could be totally innocent, could be very sinister.

How the hell did the media find out we haven't paid the players though ?

I suspect one of the players 

42 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

quite distressing opening that little square brown envelope and only finding £17,000 in there for a hard week's graft.

I’d have gone straight to the pay roll department and demanded the rest in cold hard cash !!! How on earth do these people expect you to put food on the table for the kids this Christmas never mind fill a stocking for them when you aren’t  getting a full wage, the club is taking liberties.

Edited by Owl999
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

How could we not afford to pay the players ?

It makes no sense.

I know we overpay them, but that would be ridiculous.

Has DC ran out of cash properly ?

Must be a technical fault surely  ?

Exactly.

If he ran out of cash, or couldn’t get cash into the country in time I’m sure that would be a story in itself.

But it’s not mentioned

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Exactly.

If he ran out of cash, or couldn’t get cash into the country in time I’m sure that would be a story in itself.

But it’s not mentioned

It's one of the strangest things I've heard out of our club in a long time.

The thing is, if a player has leaked it, why would you if it was just a technical fault  ?

Worrying.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's one of the strangest things I've heard out of our club in a long time.

The thing is, if a player has leaked it, why would you if it was just a technical fault  ?

Worrying.

Missing salary payments always sets the alarm bells ringing.

Somewhere down the line something has gone wrong. I’m just hoping it’s one of the technical reasons rather than the liquidity reasons

3 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Probably just the office girl forgetting to put the extra zero on everyone’s pay transfer amount on the online banking system. Easily done. 

As a generic comment then my firm provides payroll services. If ever we make an error just say on one person we know about it. Players can tap the badge as much as they like but no different to everyone else - if your salary does not turn up they will create. 

And given some of the numbers bandied around on player salaries that 17k cap would only be about 25% of their net wage. 

What you don't know is what their monthly commitments are - well those of the Wags

This thread is now on 200 pages watch if things go quiet on the actual, you know, playing football front.

I’m staying away from any criticism of our Chairman whatsoever when I know how much he’s put into the club, and hoping the EFL get of his case. Good luck with the court case Mr Chairman.

• Haha 2