New striker talk

Anyone here the gossip going around Hillsborough today that we've got Wilfred Bony on trial. Apparently he's not contracted to a club and is here to get himself fit and for Monk to check him out with a view to a contract until the end of the season. 

11 minutes ago, Onge said:

Didn't he train with Newport in the summer?

I suspect he'd still want quite a hefty salary...

The last I heard he was still at Newport. Flynn hinted they were holding onto the hope he’d sign short term, and for a pittance because he’s got a fortune in the bank after his spell at City by the sounds.

2 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

He’s been at the training ground all week, and with the looks of things we will all see him in a blue and white shirt in January. UTO 

How many times have you said this in the past,you can get medication now for bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

The future is a little bit unclear at the moment but one thing is certain!!!

We set the benchmark for our recruiting standards in the last window, end of.

That is a sustainable strategy. Smart deals only please.

Bang on!

36 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

Anyone here the gossip going around Hillsborough today that we've got Wilfred Bony on trial. Apparently he's not contracted to a club and is here to get himself fit and for Monk to check him out with a view to a contract until the end of the season. 

Could possibly be a master stroke from his former manager monk to get him here. 

Was playing non league, so if the wage demands arnt too heafty and monk can get the best out of him, could potentially really be a superb signing for us. 

31 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

He’s been at the training ground all week, and with the looks of things we will all see him in a blue and white shirt in January. UTO 

I hope this story is BS, but if it isn't why do you say he'll join in January? If he's a free agent I thought the rules allow for him to join us anytime.