Steven Fletcher

guys a warrior, I don’t think he will lose that much pace as he gets older and despite being a class act anyway he seems to be getting in better positions and reaping the awards. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had another 5 years with us and plays to his late 30’s 

a lot of fans start to write players off when they hit 30 I don’t know why maybe they think there legs fall off 

fletcher looks like he gets better not declining when you look at other forwards that didn’t exactly play with pace and how long they played for 

zlatan, sherringham, Ferdinand, Dublin ( I know finished Center back ) nugent, crouch, windass there’s loads and all still very effective at their playing levels.

im sure his minutes will drop as the years go on but his worth in the squad and changing room will remain 

here’s for Steven Fletcher running out for us still in 2024 impact sub 

that said bizarrely if he goes on to 39 will he be due a testimonial and will that make him a club legend 

19 hours ago, room0035 said:

Look he is currently first choice in the team, a team pushing for maybe promotion unless the chairman and the EFL scupper us, he is a decent wage for a championship player which may need to be tweaked to help with the P&S issues but I cannot see why he would want to play for us, unless maybe a Premiership team came calling for one last crack at the top flight but his record in the premiership is awful so for me offer him a new deal now.

If he signs great, if not sell in January and we may get a few million due to the form he is currently in. Look I don't want to lose him but if a player get into the last 6 months of his control we have to look to offload them for some fee rather than no fee.

Look the club can't make a player move in a transfer deal if the player doesn't want to. 

Look if fletcher gets to the end of his contract he'll be able to negotiate a greater salary deal than he would if a transfer fee was involved, but the club will get zilch.

16 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s 32, hardly well into his 30s.

We’ve seen plenty of examples of strikers coming good in their 30s. He’s absolutely got a few years left, and we’d be moronic to let him go.

We’ll negotiate down a salary for him. He won’t leave as he won’t pick up close to £40k anywhere else 

I find it quite staggering that you'd know that for an absolute fact!

do you not think his present form (that of easily being head and shoulders above the next best wednesday player) isn't being noticed by clubs with more to spend than wednesday?