Steven Fletcher

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:27, dorian gray said:

I very much doubt he'd take another year.

someone out there will likely be able to afford a 2/3 year one.

If he enjoys playing here then I don't see why not maybe even put a clause in there if he plays x amount of game or scores x amount of goals there will be another year on top.

The fact is over the last 18 months he is one of the reason why we are not in the bottom 6 in the league, he scores some vital goals for us and his hold up play is some of the best we have in the team.

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If he enjoys playing here then I don't see why not maybe even put a clause in there if he plays x amount of game or scores x amount of goals there will be another year on top.

The fact is over the last 18 months he is one of the reason why we are not in the bottom 6 in the league, he scores some vital goals for us and his hold up play is some of the best we have in the team.

footballers rarely mean it when they 'kiss the badge', it just looks good to some supporters.

it's some of the best in the division, and will be the reason he will be attractive to other contending clubs.

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

footballers rarely mean it when they 'kiss the badge', it just looks good to some supporters.

it's some of the best in the division, and will be the reason he will be attractive to other contending clubs.

Look he is currently first choice in the team, a team pushing for maybe promotion unless the chairman and the EFL scupper us, he is a decent wage for a championship player which may need to be tweaked to help with the P&S issues but I cannot see why he would want to play for us, unless maybe a Premiership team came calling for one last crack at the top flight but his record in the premiership is awful so for me offer him a new deal now.

If he signs great, if not sell in January and we may get a few million due to the form he is currently in. Look I don't want to lose him but if a player get into the last 6 months of his control we have to look to offload them for some fee rather than no fee.

Yes he's been brilliant but we need to dump him at the end of his contract. He's on £50k a week and that's premier league wages. 

Fletcher is well into his 30s now and we are just paying too much 

For that money we can get at least two good young players. 

We need to be ruthless of we are to move forward. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Yes he's been brilliant but we need to dump him at the end of his contract. He's on £50k a week and that's premier league wages. 

Who says he is on 50k a week? Also how do we get 2 good young strikers for those wages. No one will loan their good young players to us. 

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

He’s 32, hardly well into his 30s.

We’ve seen plenty of examples of strikers coming good in their 30s. He’s absolutely got a few years left, and we’d be moronic to let him go.

We’ll negotiate down a salary for him. He won’t leave as he won’t pick up close to £40k anywhere else 

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s 32, hardly well into his 30s.

We’ve seen plenty of examples of strikers coming good in their 30s. He’s absolutely got a few years left, and we’d be moronic to let him go.

We’ll negotiate down a salary for him. He won’t leave as he won’t pick up close to £40k anywhere else 

He’s better, faster and fitter than any of his previous Owls seasons.

I’d love him to extend.

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

:ghoulguy: :tango: :duntmatter: lol

and even garymegson

Guest Bulgaria

I've had my doubts about his worth but there is no denying he is on fire right now, he looks fitter, leaner and would be the first name on the team sheet for me.

6 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I've had my doubts about his worth but there is no denying he is on fire right now, he looks fitter, leaner and would be the first name on the team sheet for me.

To be fair he's been one of our best/most consistent players since he came back from injury last year.