Steven Fletcher

11 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Know it’s working with him at centre half, but would love to see Iorfa at DM with Börner and Lees at centre half

Can't advocate making this change even though I believe it would work also - you can't change a player's position when he is in form unless you are desperate - we ain't desperate.

19 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Be totally lost without him at the moment.

Iorfa has been Brilliant aswell. But Borner and Lees would be ok as a centre back partnership.

We lost Fletcher we got nothing.

did he get booked for the shirt off celebration?

how many more does he need to get Christmas off (hirsty's old favourite, then you could drop on him in the bar at burntwood).

18 hours ago, room0035 said:

And to think come June is a free agent with no sign of a contract in the offing can leave a free.

Why oh why we have not a least tied him down to another year. Been out most consistent performer for last 2 years.

I very much doubt he'd take another year.

someone out there will likely be able to afford a 2/3 year one.

Keeps himself great shape and it shows.

He is the best striker at the club by a distance and has been for a while now.

Think he still misses a few too many easy chances, but we are much stronger for having him. 

He's often been used as an example of our poor recruitment...aging player on big wages.

But when you think we'll have got 4 years out of him for a total outlay of 7ish million he looks like a bargain. Possibly one of our best signings under Chansiri.

To get a younger player who would have contributed similar would likely have cost 15 mill plus on transfer fees before you even factor in wages.

• Like 1

Don’t know if he’ll hit 20+ , has he ever in his career ?    But yeh , he’s been absolutely phenomenal this season stepped upto the plate and made himself the main man 

18 hours ago, SettleForADraw said:

Know it’s working with him at centre half, but would love to see Iorfa at DM with Börner and Lees at centre half

Leave Iorfa alone.  The guy has been brilliant at centrehalf. Plus if premier league clubs are sniffing we need to showcase him in his best position not swap him about. God knows this club needs to gain every pound it can get at the moment and an eight figure sum for Iorfa would be excellent business.

59 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

He's often been used as an example of our poor recruitment...aging player on big wages.

But when you think we'll have got 4 years out of him for a total outlay of 7ish million he looks like a bargain. Possibly one of our best signings under Chansiri.

To get a younger player who would have contributed similar would likely have cost 15 mill plus on transfer fees before you even factor in wages.

Agreed pal costs us about 1.5m a year altogether, that's nowt

1 hour ago, gazzamk2 said:

Joggers nipple

Think I was educated about this earlier to be fair by someone and I hadn't thought about it  - apparently they have GPS trackers sewn into these things as part of on pitch analytics?

Makes sense, watching highlights back on quest of a few games where scorers took their shirt off, and many were wearing the same type of garment.

• Thanks 1

On 08/12/2019 at 13:43, Salmonbones said:

Think I was educated about this earlier to be fair by someone and I hadn't thought about it  - apparently they have GPS trackers sewn into these things as part of on pitch analytics?

Makes sense, watching highlights back on quest of a few games where scorers took their shirt off, and many were wearing the same type of garment.

So this joggers nipple thing is very contagious then ? Is it just confined to footballers or should we all be wary of it, FFS :bullen: