Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Absolutely ran ragged today at times but we bust a gut and got what we deserved. 
 

A lot of fancy football from Brentford with not a lot of end product, thought we deserved that just - even if we didn’t play the prettiest stuff, and churning out results like that is what promotion chasing sides do.

 

Well earned 3 points and Iorfa adding another 5m on his price tag every week....

 

UTO

  • Like 2
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don'y you mean Bust A Move?

 

 

200w-2.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we’ve played a lot better than that and lost tbh. We dug that one out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYCOWL said:

Think we’ve played a lot better than that and lost tbh. We dug that one out.


Could see what it meant to them, they all collapsed on pitch after

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In many ways that was our best win for a while 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First half was awful but we shouldn’t have conceded. No corner. 
 

Second half we did what teams used to do to us when carlos had us playing pretty but ineffective football. Had the legs on them in dangerous areas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Think we’ve played a lot better than that and lost tbh. We dug that one out.

 

Very much so, will take it though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolutely ran ragged today at times but we bust a gut and got what we deserved. 
 

A lot of fancy football from Brentford with not a lot of end product, thought we deserved that just - even if we didn’t play the prettiest stuff, and churning out results like that is what promotion chasing sides do.

 

Well earned 3 points and Iorfa adding another 5m on his price tag every week....

 

UTO

Best win of the season 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolutely ran ragged today at times but we bust a gut and got what we deserved. 
 

A lot of fancy football from Brentford with not a lot of end product, thought we deserved that just - even if we didn’t play the prettiest stuff, and churning out results like that is what promotion chasing sides do.

 

Well earned 3 points and Iorfa adding another 5m on his price tag every week....

 

UTO

You have to win the battle to control the ball before you can  play the pretty stuff.. 

Personally I'd rather us scrap for an ugly win than stroke the ball about trying to be like Barcelona with no end product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

You have to win the battle to control the ball before you can  play the pretty stuff.. 

Personally I'd rather us scrap for an ugly win than stroke the ball about trying to be like Barcelona with no end product. 


This, absolutely.

 

In any case, we’ve only got three, or four players who would get into the Barca side,

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brentford played 'proper football' in the eyes of some. 

 

But other than their goal (from a set piece) what guilt edged chance did they create apart from that guy's unreal bit of skill near the end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Brentford played 'proper football' in the eyes of some. 

 

But other than their goal (from a set piece) what guilt edged chance did they create apart from that guy's unreal bit of skill near the end?

Indeed. 

 

Tbf, in the last few games we have limited the opposition to only a few chances. Annoyingly, the few chances are usually going in for whatever reason. 

 

Brentford knock it around nicely and they can cause any team issues on their day...but I thought we largely bossed the game in the second half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Indeed. 

 

Tbf, in the last few games we have limited the opposition to only a few chances. Annoyingly, the few chances are usually going in for whatever reason. 

 

Brentford knock it around nicely and they can cause any team issues on their day...but I thought we largely bossed the game in the second half. 


Their forum is an absolute hoot tonight. They are all trying to work out why an industrial hoofball team beat their sophisticated players of the beautiful game.

 

If any Bees are reading, the answer is simple. We scored more goals than you. We made more proper chances than you. We didn’t wee wee around with the ball.

 

That is all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sibon said:


Their forum is an absolute hoot tonight. They are all trying to work out why an industrial hoofball team beat their sophisticated players of the beautiful game.

 

If any Bees are reading, the answer is simple. We scored more goals than you. We made more proper chances than you. We didn’t wee wee around with the ball.

 

That is all

Fans of teams who 'Darren Potter'-it around have to come across as superior, it's the unwritten law of being a football fan. 

 

In reality their naive Jos-like faffing should've cost them in the opening ten minutes when we were hounding them. Luckily for them the lads were still half cut from their jollies last week, but unluckily for them they couldn't capitalise much for the remainder of the half.

 

Second half they were up against a different animal in the second half and we had many chances.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, owlandished said:

Don'y you mean Bust A Move?

 

 

200w-2.gif

 

I just got a Börner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...