Jump to content
SwintOwl

Nuhiu - worst footballer to ever play for us?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Great player,


Here lies the problem. Under no definition or interpretation of the word could Nuhiu ever be described as “ great ”. Statistically he is a poor Championship attacker. He tries hard ( minimum requirement ) and he cares about our club ( big plus point ). He is nowhere near the worst footballer to ever play for us neither is he anywhere good enough to start for a club aspiring for the play-offs. He doesn’t deserve the personal attacks he receives on here because he gives everything he has to give, nor does he deserve adulation because he contributes very little. Why can’t we all accept this and move on? 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, papalazarowl said:

big and awkward... gets a lot of fouls against him which he doesn't deserve... and always takes a couple of defenders with him for crosses, free kicks and corners, which leaves space for other players.


Illusory truth. Please share any video evidence that Nuhiu “always takes a couple of defenders...which leaves space for other players.” Sick of reading this replayed again and again on here. For someone 6’5” Nuhiu is poor in the air and teams are quite happy to assign one player to deal with him. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:


Illusory truth. Please share any video evidence that Nuhiu “always takes a couple of defenders...which leaves space for other players.” Sick of reading this replayed again and again on here. For someone 6’5” Nuhiu is poor in the air and teams are quite happy to assign one player to deal with him. 

I'd like to see your video evidence to support your point.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll always divide opinion but he always tries his best and he's always available for selection more often than not. Very good value free transfer. Anyone who thinks otherwise is out of their tree?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Atdhe, but I don't like him starting. The modern game is played high press with intensity. He simply doesn't have the mobility for that. From the bench, he's useful. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

 

His overall record for us is 128+125 appearances, 46 goals. Hardly the stuff of Lionel Messi but certainly not as bad as the gobshites on here would have you believe. And when you look at the club statistics for the likes of David Graham, Jordan Rhodes, Andy Booth, Lee Peacock, Kim Olsen, Tony Cunningham, Jay Bothroyd, Garry Thompson, Francis Jeffers, Carl Bradshaw, Chris O'Grady, Stevie May et al, it's all the more remarkable that it gets the attention it does as if it's some kind of all-time low.


Rhodes, Booth, Thompson & Cunningham had better goals per game recorded than Nuhiu 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I'd like to see your video evidence to support your point.


Suggest you watch any game since he arrived. Please note I’m not a Big Dave hater, just have a balanced view on things and it’s clear that opposing teams don’t double up on him as is stated regularly on OT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:


Suggest you watch any game since he arrived. Please note I’m not a Big Dave hater, just have a balanced view on things and it’s clear that opposing teams don’t double up on him as is stated regularly on OT. 

Well, I've seen plenty of games where they have, and some games where they haven't, You know, coz every team is different?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not one of Nuhiu's better games today. More suited to an impact sub role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Beyond belief he still plays for us. He lacks the basic attributes of a footballer.

 

Cant control a ball, cant dribble with it, cant pass it and for a big lad hes pretty woeful in the air, gets bossed by centre halfs much smaller than him. And last but not least cant cant shoot. 

 

What does he actually bring apart from being awkwardly big and sometimes able to hold the ball up?

 

I'd love to watch him try and do some keepy ups bet he'd struggle to make 20 

I reckon this needs to be settled by atdhe attempting to do more kick ups than you get neg votes on this nonsense post alone. Thats going to be a lot more than 20 and still counting. 

If he beats your massive amount of neg votes i think a apology for atdhe should be posted on ot. Then atdhe should start a topic about your previous posts on ot. Then express his opinions on you and your limited football knowledge.

Then what about being absolutely fair you attempt to match oin kick ups the number of up votes he gets for his post. 

I really hope he takes you up on this challenge. Maybe a comprehensive loss on your part will give us all a break from garbage opinions and posts like this topic in the future. 

I and others would love to see you proven wrong. 

 

Edited by hirstys_achilles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:


Rhodes, Booth, Thompson & Cunningham had better goals per game recorded than Nuhiu 

10 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

 

His overall record for us is 128+125 appearances, 46 goals. Hardly the stuff of Lionel Messi but certainly not as bad as the gobshites on here would have you believe. And when you look at the club statistics for the likes of David Graham, Jordan Rhodes, Andy Booth, Lee Peacock, Kim Olsen, Tony Cunningham, Jay Bothroyd, Garry Thompson, Francis Jeffers, Carl Bradshaw, Chris O'Grady, Stevie May et al, it's all the more remarkable that it gets the attention it does as if it's some kind of all-time low.

 

An eye for detail and accuracy is somewhat wanting in your clamour.

 

Andy Booth 143+11 appearances, 34 goals (4.5 games per goal)

Garry Thompson 42+2 appearances, 8 goals (5.5 games per goal)

Atdhe Nuhiu 129+125 appearances, 46 goals (5.5 games per goal)

Jordan Rhodes 34+28 appearances, 10 goals (6.2 games per goal)

Tony Cunningham 30+3 appearances, 5 goals (6.6 games per goal)

 

Obviously, you want to include all substitute appearances, even coming on late, as a 'game' to make things look as unfavourable as possible given that almost half of Nuhiu's (and Rhodes' to be fair) run outs have come from the bench, but even ignoring that, his numbers still stack up well against the players you've highlighted. But in any case, judging a striker purely by goal scoring ratios is something you should really grow out of before you leave school. 

 

 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Beyond belief he still plays for us. He lacks the basic attributes of a footballer.

 

Cant control a ball, cant dribble with it, cant pass it and for a big lad hes pretty woeful in the air, gets bossed by centre halfs much smaller than him. And last but not least cant cant shoot. 

 

What does he actually bring apart from being awkwardly big and sometimes able to hold the ball up?

 

I'd love to watch him try and do some keepy ups bet he'd struggle to make 20 

joke post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a thread about atdhe nuhiu being the worst player ever . Some of our fan base amaze me. He’s more than got his uses, he was excellent in the second half against Charlton and has had many other decent performances this year. 

he’s no world beater but he’s a very useful option , usually from the bench . The fact this still needs spelling out to so many people is astounding . Ability wise there are many , even terraced favourites . Attitude wise there are hundreds 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always available for selection, unlike others who are adored.

 

Love him to bits, yes he is limited but he wouldn't be playing for us if he wasn't.

 

Plus, I bet he could give you a reyt good cuddle if you were feeling a bit down.

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Beyond belief he still plays for us. He lacks the basic attributes of a footballer.

 

Cant control a ball, cant dribble with it, cant pass it and for a big lad hes pretty woeful in the air, gets bossed by centre halfs much smaller than him. And last but not least cant cant shoot. 

 

What does he actually bring apart from being awkwardly big and sometimes able to hold the ball up?

 

I'd love to watch him try and do some keepy ups bet he'd struggle to make 20 

Judging by the votes cast, you've lost that argument, son.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:


Here lies the problem. Under no definition or interpretation of the word could Nuhiu ever be described as “ great ”. Statistically he is a poor Championship attacker. He tries hard ( minimum requirement ) and he cares about our club ( big plus point ). He is nowhere near the worst footballer to ever play for us neither is he anywhere good enough to start for a club aspiring for the play-offs. He doesn’t deserve the personal attacks he receives on here because he gives everything he has to give, nor does he deserve adulation because he contributes very little. Why can’t we all accept this and move on? 

 

Because I suppose it's about opinions at the end of the day, and not only do I trust my own eyes of 40 odd years watching football, mine is also an opinion that is shared by at least 5 different SWFC managers , and other professionals within the game.

 

That for me trumps internet experts who can't see past goal scoring stats. 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nuhiu has been a significant member of the squad that achieved the highest league finishes in the last two decades 
 

Worst player ever is pushing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how he’s been kept by 5 managers. Always been in and around the match day squad under each of them and yet, the resident Owlstalk experts have decided he’s an embarrassment and is one of the worst players we’ve ever had.

 

Not only is this unfair with regards to his ability, to publicly slate an active player who clearly loves the club and, gives 100% in every game, in such a manner, shows that we have a certain section of fans who really are deluded. Yes effort should be a given but, the fact is, it isn’t. The guy doesn’t stop trying.

 

He holds the ball up well, has deceptively good feet (Charlton away is a prime example) he left 3 players looking like absolute mugs. His biggest short coming is the lack of pace, if he was mobile, he’d be one hell of a championship striker.

Edited by 0wl18
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Beyond belief he still plays for us. He lacks the basic attributes of a footballer.

 

Cant control a ball, cant dribble with it, cant pass it and for a big lad hes pretty woeful in the air, gets bossed by centre halfs much smaller than him. And last but not least cant cant shoot. 

 

What does he actually bring apart from being awkwardly big and sometimes able to hold the ball up?

 

I'd love to watch him try and do some keepy ups bet he'd struggle to make 20 

I assume you weren’t watching us when we had Franny Jeffers up front? - The fox in the box he definitely wasn’t!

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

I agree that's he's awful. 

He's probably got the worst scoring record in the world for a striker. 

Worst player ever for us. He's up there withy the worst. Other donkeys come to mind such as Sam Ellis, anton mirocevic, John Pearson, brian hornsby, sibon, etc etc. 

It's hard to say that nuihi isn't the worst of the lot. Of course, we've given him two new contracts and at least 25k a week. He's not to blame for that is he? 

Can see you have an eye for a player !

 

Was you the bloke that let Vardy go ?

Edited by the monk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...