Stubbs

Wednesday - V - Brentford

I only saw the 1st half due to losing my stream at half time. Cant say I was sad to lose it to be honest because that 1st half was thoroughly depressing. Not a single shot on target.

However a win is a win. And it's great to see a bit of character by coming from behind to win. So well done lads. Onwards and upwards. 

UTO

24 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

We didn’t create anything, had none of the ball, so no I don’t think I’m overreacting.

The Owls, though, bossed the second half and Fletcher went close on three occasions before his double ensured back-to-back wins and moved Garry Monk's side up to sixth.

12 shots each

3 on target for us, 2 for them

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Haven’t replaced Hooper or Mataius.

We have,theres two new beds in the hospital wing,those two wore the others out WTF:

39 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

We didn’t create anything, had none of the ball, so no I don’t think I’m overreacting.

We got 2 goals in a freak couple of minutes. Brentford should have smashed us and if the shoe was on the other foot we’d be saying the same 

Should have smashed us lol 

Dawson barely had a save to make. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Fletcher must work like a trojan at his conditioning.

I'm sure he'll keep himself safe

WTF:

29 minutes ago, steelerian said:

I only saw the 1st half due to losing my stream at half time.

Anyone gonna add the sarky comment to this?

We've just won against a top six side in good form. Anyone whose come home unhappy needs to make a medical appointment.

Disjointed and lacking confidence first half. Played very well second.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

No idea how we won that really, Brentford totally dropped off 2nd half. Iorfa fantastic, Hutch can't cope with this level anymore and Rhodes looks done.

Hutch was excellent. Close to my man of the match, never stopped running and made some vital tackles.

Anyone who comes to Hillsbrough and wants to be a clever clogs by making us attack the Lepp in the 2nd half deserves to get beat.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Beat a very good team today with a lot of quality forward players. Especially Benrahma who is a total class act, did well to keep him fairly quiet.

Thought they deserved a point but it's about time we won a game like this after not getting our rewards in past games.

Had Harris massively to thank though, drove us forward all 2nd half. Don't know where we'd be without him.

On 06/12/2019 at 18:54, A12owl said:

Nice one Stubbsy. 

Snooty was due to be rested after a traumatic few weeks in the life of his beloved club. A week in a darkened room with Lady Snoots should sort him out .

Let's hope for a win to help him recharge his deflated batteries.

No predictions from me cos I havnt a clue and wouldn't want to change Monks non losing home record by predicting a 2-1 win. 

Oops .WTF:

Just realised.....i got it right. Mystic meg at her best.

• Haha 1

Brentford fans haven’t got a lot of good things to say about our team. Getting above there station me thinks.

So prior to yesterday the last 36 times we have gone behind we have lost 26 and drawn 10.

Last time we came back to win was coincidentally Sept 2017 when we came back to beat Brentford 2-1. 

Guess this has already been posted somewhere else