Brentford

1 hour ago, tarn owl said:

Sorry fed up of the misery on here. Brentford game Saturday. How do we stop this lot? I think quick press and high balls into the box. Would be tempted to go same 11 as Charlton, Don't think they will like balls into the box for Fletch and Nuhiu. I would start Fessi too.

Is anyone injured? suspended? Regardless of the boring legal stuff, looking forward to the game Saturday, Brentford always tends to be an open entertaining game. A win here and we can keep up with the top 6. I reckon another 3-1 win, Bannan will score! yes i know! 25 yard screamer is my call. Roll on 3pm Saturday! WAWAW

they're playing well from what I've seen of 'em.

have to agree, get it into their box in the air (but I figure they'll be expecting this).

don't see us managing 'a press' though, figure they might be the fitter side of the two.

that benwotsit would look well in a wednesday shirt.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Watched the highlights against Luton, they destroyed them with slick passing running off the ball and finding space, all the basics brilliant to watch.

Need to be in their faces and got give them time to play their natural game.

Agree, but just to balance out last weekend's result, Luton were exceptionally poor.

They are a slick, energetic team though n their day and we have to match that energy and watch for runners from deep. 

2 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Good point!

They've taken 12 points and scored 14 goals in the last 6 games.

Which ultimately means they had scored 7 in 5 before last Saturday......not that impressive then :ph34r:

I think it's a sad day when we are worried about clubs like Brentford

No doubt they are a good side, and I've got a lot of time for their supporters, they are a good bunch.

But we're at home, it's about what we do

And I don't care if we have 1 up front or 2, it makes no difference, we make the same amount of chances whichever system we play

Personally, I liked the first half against Birmingham where we had Fletcher up top, with support from Lee and Luongo

Monk will sort it

Have faith brothers

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think it's a sad day when we are worried about clubs like Brentford

No doubt they are a good side, and I've got a lot of time for their supporters, they are a good bunch.

But we're at home, it's about what we do

And I don't care if we have 1 up front or 2, it makes no difference, we make the same amount of chances whichever system we play

Personally, I liked the first half against Birmingham where we had Fletcher up top, with support from Lee and Luongo

Monk will sort it

Have faith brothers

We should aspire to be more like Brentford and stop pretending that we are a pound shop Man City.

They produce amazing players, season after season. They play great football. They are well run off the pitch. A good club.

We’ll try to beat them into submission with Atdhe and Fletch as the battering rams. I’m expecting a scoreless bore draw.

5 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

We're better away 

Monk negative at home games so far 

Time to stick with two strikers upfront 

And mix it up abit 

2 strikers yes bud,your right...but not Fletcher and Nuhui...so predictable..so similar...so not good enough...

Dawson

Odubajo Iorfa Lees Fox

Luongo Bannan 

Harris     Murphy      reach

Fletcher 

Never happen but whilst ff injured would like to see murphy tried central supporting fletch, linking with harris and stretching their defence.

His pace is an asset for counters and an option for bannan to find running behind which we dont have, his crossing not so much out wide.

Prefer Reach on left too, nice assist at charlton there.

Think it will be 2 target men tho (which only worked vs boro and charlton but nuhiu just scored his 2nd of season), reach right, harris left, lumping it up, flick ons to nowhere, low possession, inviting pressure and still no win vs a decent side above bottom 8 to cap off the week :duntmatter:

2 hours ago, sibon said:

We should aspire to be more like Brentford and stop pretending that we are a pound shop Man City.

They produce amazing players, season after season. They play great football. They are well run off the pitch. A good club.

We’ll try to beat them into submission with Atdhe and Fletch as the battering rams. I’m expecting a scoreless bore draw.

I expect you're reyt fun on a night out

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.