Brentford

Sorry fed up of the misery on here. Brentford game Saturday. How do we stop this lot? I think quick press and high balls into the box. Would be tempted to go same 11 as Charlton, Don't think they will like balls into the box for Fletch and Nuhiu. I would start Fessi too.

Is anyone injured? suspended? Regardless of the boring legal stuff, looking forward to the game Saturday, Brentford always tends to be an open entertaining game. A win here and we can keep up with the top 6. I reckon another 3-1 win, Bannan will score! yes i know! 25 yard screamer is my call. Roll on 3pm Saturday! WAWAW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nothing about them scares me. Like any game at this level we could easily beat them and easily lose. 

I'm happy with how we've been playing and creating chances for weeks now. Its just taken us a lot of chances to score. Hopefully we can be more clinical! 

I believe in the boys! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Nothing about them scares me. Like any game at this level we could easily beat them and easily lose. 

I'm happy with how we've been playing and creating chances for weeks now. Its just taken us a lot of chances to score. Hopefully we can be more clinical! 

I believe in the boys! 

Plenty about them scares me..

Ollie Wtkins and benrama for example...

And they put 7 away last time out...

They're in good form at the moment and Brentford obviously had today an eye-catching result last weekend.

But at the end of the day, they're only one point above us in the league and they also lost to a bang average Blackburn side last week.

Every team in this league is nothing special.  No reason at all why we shouldn't expect to a positive performance against Brentford on Saturday.

Edited by Westfield Owl

18 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Fessi out with sore knee. 

I thought Murphy did well against Charlton when he came on. But Reach was good too. Who would you put on instead? I would go Reach i think, he is our player, not a loan, hopefully with more game time will come good.

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I thought Murphy did well against Charlton when he came on. But Reach was good too. Who would you put on instead? I would go Reach i think, he is our player, not a loan, hopefully with more game time will come good.

Tough call. Murphy better in 1v1s. Reach more likely to assist. Neither proving potent in terms of scoring goals this season. Flip a coin. 

51 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Sorry fed up of the misery on here. Brentford game Saturday. How do we stop this lot? I think quick press and high balls into the box. Would be tempted to go same 11 as Charlton, Don't think they will like balls into the box for Fletch and Nuhiu. I would start Fessi too.

Is anyone injured? suspended? Regardless of the boring legal stuff, looking forward to the game Saturday, Brentford always tends to be an open entertaining game. A win here and we can keep up with the top 6. I reckon another 3-1 win, Bannan will score! yes i know! 25 yard screamer is my call. Roll on 3pm Saturday! WAWAW

Glad to hear some optimism, think fessie may be a doubt and i would put any money on bannan scoring a 25 yarder, impulse long range shots are not his best attributes and that a compliment, hope he can sneek on the scoresheet somehow though, he deserves a goal. Entertaining tight game coming up.

I hope we see Fletcher-Nuhiu in a 442 again. It’s working. We score.

Going against the majority, I would still put Iorfa at RB. Odubajo is a weakness.

I would also put Bannan and Luongo in the middle, but I expect it will be Bannan-Hutch, who for me is sitting too deep again, leaving Bannan isolated.

Reach or Murphy is a coin throw as someone said already. But Reach works harder. Harris is a shoe-in.

Hope we see

Dawson

Iorfa Lees Borner Fox

Reach Luongo Bannan Harris

Nuhiu Fletcher

More forwards the better - only to give us a better chance of creating the opportunites we create. I think Luongo is unlucky not to have played more. Murphy looked  pretty sharp against Charlton but playing him might leave us too open.  

I'd go

Dawson

Odubajo Iorfa Lees Fox

Murphy Luongo Bannan Harris

Nuhiu Fletcher

But

Dawson

Odubajo Iorfa Lees Fox

Lee Luongo Bannan

Murphy Fletcher Harris

Wouldn't surprise  or disappoint me because we are playing OK. It's about punishing teams when we are on top.